1. Untitled Document

hotmail / outlook email not accessible

Discussion in 'MOTORHOME CHAT' started by veevee, Jan 25, 2013.

1. veevee

veevee Funster

A BIG help please

Went to log on this evening which usually is through Firefox, got this message -

This Connection is Untrusted

You have asked Firefox to connect
    securely to dub002.mail.live.com, but we can't confirm that your connection is secure.
    Normally, when you try to connect securely,
    sites will present trusted identification to prove that you are
    going to the right place. However, this site's identity can't be verified.

What Should I Do?

If you usually connect to
    this site without problems, this error could mean that someone is
    trying to impersonate the site, and you shouldn't continue.

dub002.mail.live.com uses an invalid security certificate.
    The certificate is only valid for www.airbnb.com
    (Error code: ssl_error_bad_cert_domain)

Then tried directly through outlook.com (that's the email outlook) and got this message -

There is a problem with this website's security certificate.

The security certificate presented by this website was issued for a different website's address.

Security certificate problems may indicate an attempt to fool you or intercept any data you send to the server.

We recommend that you close this webpage and do not continue to this website.

[​IMG]Click here to close this webpage.

[​IMG]Continue to this website (not recommended).

[​IMG] More information

<LI id=errorExpl1>If you arrived at this page by clicking a link, check the website address in the address bar to be sure that it is the address you were expecting. <LI id=errorExpl2>When going to a website with an address such as https://example.com, try adding the 'www' to the address, https://www.example.com.
    For more information, see "Certificate Errors" in Internet Explorer Help.

Tried to just type in the hotmail and outlook addresses (2) through google to manually sign in, same messages. I can access the details of the accounts but not the accounts themselves.

Have used our Bullguard full scan and nothing untoward.

Have tried this on a second computer, same results.

Does anyone know what this means or is there currently a known problem with hotmail / outlook?

Thanks
  2. Johns_Cross_Motorhomes

Johns_Cross_Motorhomes Trader - Motorhome & Accessory Sales

I have had this on Firefox, ignored it and carried on without a problem but dont take my advice just in case.

You could always try using IE instead of Firefox and see what that does

Peter
  3. veevee

veevee Funster

Yes that was the second message Peter, then I went on to access through google finding the site, same message as through IE.

I did try through Firefox ignoring the warning but it refused to connect after me agreeing to ignore the warning and allowing the use of the 'wrong' certificate.

By the way, bought a Fiamma water pump through your business a few months ago, got to say the price was pretty good but the service and packing were stupendous. Thanks.
  4. veevee

veevee Funster

It's back, after exactly 6 hours. Has anyone else suffered this non access with hotmail / outlook this evening?
  5. Spenders

Spenders Funster

I was on it earlier Veevee without any probs.... just tried again and all appears OK....

Simon
  6. stig60

stig60 Funster

Just been on no problems using Chrome
  7. reader

reader Funster

If you have htpps:// as part of the URL try logging in with http://

another option if you are using Outlook.com, make sure there is at least one email in the Inbox Folder. This error has supposed to have been corrected by MSoft.

Both these errors may occur on any browser including IE8, 9 and 10 it made me smile that IE was throwing up an untrusted message for Hotmail/Livemail/Outlook !
  8. veevee

veevee Funster

Thanks to all. This morning 09:25 it is working as usual. Never had this before but reader I will remember the http/https in future should it happen again and always loads of emails in the inbox.

What puzzled me is, was this just our accounts or the area we are in etc as it hasn't affected anyone else. Having 2 accounts and 2 different computers rules out it being either computer orientated or an individual account.

Hey ho, computers and software...