Jun 19, 2020
Elgin/ Morayshire
Funster No
MH
Hobby 600fse
Exp
im a noob
Hi Everyone...

Just before I go whip out my ' Oooooh... Something else I can modify tools and wallet'

My shower drain pump operates when the you turn the shower on, however goes off as soon as you turn it off inevitably leaving some water sloshing in the bottom... I would have thought there would have been a 2/3 second over run timer built in to drain the tube....

So before I go looking for a fault or putting a manual switch in...

Is this normal for Hobby 600fse

Thanks

wizza

Free Member
Aug 3, 2008
Essex
Funster No
MH
low line
Exp
8 years
Correct me if wrong but I don’t think it has a drain pump.The pump you hear is the water pump running ?.

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Hobby's are good.
They have a gravity fed system that takes all the water out of the shower tray :whistle2: (providing the van has been accurately parked so as to allow the system to work.)

OP
OP
T

Tar Ten

Free Member
Jun 19, 2020
Elgin/ Morayshire
Funster No
MH
Hobby 600fse
Exp
im a noob
Yes, this is what I thought at first... However after noticing the water pooling around the drain area I thought I may have a blockage as the water should have drained away by itself to the waste...

As soon as I turn on the shower the water disappears pretty damn sharpish and only pools when shower is off... I have poured a bucket of water in the tray, which fills it up half way, then put the bucket under the hose outlet to collect the water when switched on...water drains straight away but stops when shower switched off.. There is also a pump running noise from the subfloor under the shower in the garage when the shower is on, but not when either sink is on, therefor suggesting a drain pump... Maybe this has been an added mod at sometime...
or is there a 12v non return valve in the system operated off the shower system ...
Just had it a few weeks so finding new things out every day...lol
I am not quite built for climbing in the garage and rummaging .... Would need to remove bed frame ..

If any Hobby owners could verify what actually happens with theirs would be good...

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Tar Ten

I think??? I can say with accuracy that Drain pumps are not fitted as standard to Hobby 600's (See Avatar)

Just a thought.
A previous owner has fitted a drain pump and wired it to be powered from the micro switch in the shower.

When the water pump is on, supplying water to the shower then then pump works but isolated from the water supply to the two sinks.

Good idea, except that in stopping immediately the water is turned off, not all the water in the shower tray has been removed.

Suggestion to test. Put bucket of water in shower tray. Run shower but if it's like ours, you'll be able to direct flow into bathroom sink. The water will disappear because the 'Drain' pump is working. Turn off shower. Watch water stop disappearing down shower plug hole. You've proved there is a drain pump that hasn't been thought through completely.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
T

Tar Ten

Free Member
Jun 19, 2020
Elgin/ Morayshire
Funster No
MH
Hobby 600fse
Exp
im a noob
Apologies for the late update to this, but here it is...

I have managed to get in and remove a few panels and found that a drain pump has been fitted, but it has been wired up through a weird timing circuit....

It starts after a delay of 3 seconds from the shower on switch.
It runs for 4 seconds on...10 seconds off ( if shower left on continuously )

If you stop the shower in its off cycle it will not come back on by itself to drain ( hence the pooling I stated previously)

If you stop the shower during its off cycle , but then switch it back on to try draining pooling in tray, it finishes its off cycle and starts the delay cycle so I could be waiting for upto 12 seconds before it comes back on... by that time you have increased water in the tray for having shower on waiting for it to start.

So we just have to switch it off during its on cycle...or... aim shower head down cassette and wait for pump to come back on..

I can see the pump, but have no idea where this timer control circuit is. Looking at the way the rear camera cable is routed, and how the shower tray looks to have been replaced, I think the whole shower room has been removed and the mods put in then hidden away... Will look at lowering the shower roof when I get a chance as I don't want it packing up mid trip and trying to bypass a pump to get the shower to drain...

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back