Help please (1 Viewer)

Nov 5, 2017
Nouvelle Aquitaine France
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since 1980
Has anyone had this problem my Google pages, photos and email sidebar i.e inbox sent etc. are in Danish. I've checked my settings all are correct English language. can anyone tell me how to correct it? It is not only my laptop it's both my android phones too. Thanks.

kevenh

Free Member
Jun 1, 2019
Thatcham
Funster No
MH
Compass C-Class
Exp
I'm a Progressing Newbie
Has anyone had this problem my Google pages, photos and email sidebar i.e inbox sent etc. are in Danish. I've checked my settings all are correct English language. can anyone tell me how to correct it? It is not only my laptop it's both my android phones too. Thanks.
😳👀
Wow! Looks weird.
So, anything not coming via a Google source is the language you want?
But stuff via Google is in Dutch?

Any help in answers to this person’s query: https://support.google.com/chrome/thread/1876320/chrome-keeps-defaulting-to-the-wrong-language?hl=en

Edit: My 1st link looks too chrome specific. It may help but a Google language link is https://support.google.com/websearch/answer/3333234 (there’s a tab for android, iPhone & computer)

Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
I had a similar problem in France recently with Google maps on my Chromebook, all place names and info bar on lhs were in french despite settings for English.
Never did get to find the cause, fortunately android phone was okay and reverted back to English once back in UK 🤷‍♂️
No help I know but I'll be watching with interest

kevenh

Free Member
Jun 1, 2019
Thatcham
Funster No
MH
Compass C-Class
Exp
I'm a Progressing Newbie
I had a similar problem in France recently with Google maps on my Chromebook, all place names and info bar on lhs were in french despite settings for English.
Never did get to find the cause, fortunately android phone was okay and reverted back to English once back in UK 🤷‍♂️
No help I know but I'll be watching with interest
A localised setting is overriding your choice. I think that’s covered in one of the links in my post - I remember reading about that local override in my search 🤔

Edit: not a link above. It was help I noticed unrelated to the OP: https://support.google.com/websearc...es-are-in-the-wrong-country-or-language?hl=en
Sounds like a bug - with a workaround or two

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Have you got to this page in Google?

Screenshot_20221110-143442.png

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 31, 2018
Redruth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Roller Team Peg 590
Exp
since 2009
Are you using a VPN or have you got one turned on?
I use a VPN to protect my location on the computer and the flag on my profile is Germany.

OP
OP
Chickie
Nov 5, 2017
Nouvelle Aquitaine France
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since 1980
Thanks for replying I am looking at all your suggestions but nothing is helping at the moment. Pappajohn yes as I said my settings are all correct first language English second french ( as I live there). I do use a VPN but have done for ages this only happened 2 days ago. I've never been to Denmark. Tearing my hair out now. 🤬

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back