Halogen cooker or the equivalent ninja cooker? (1 Viewer)

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
All the gear, and no idea!
Simple question, which is the best and most versatile of these two whilst on ehu?
I know the halogen cookers are fairly good and quite cheap, the ninja range of cooking machines I know nothing about🤷‍♂️👍

OP
OP
WESTY66

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
All the gear, and no idea!
So which ninja is the weapon of choice to cook a nice dinner🤷‍♂️ I must admit I’m clueless on them!
Asking for Mrs Westy 😉

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

BwB

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 3, 2011
Suffolk UK
Funster No
MH
Resting b'twix vans
Exp
Since 1990
Isn't "air-fryer" the new marketing term for the old halogen ovens? ;)

GirlyVanGirly

Free Member
Nov 21, 2020
Beside the Seaside, beside the Sea! East Sussex
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
18 months
We took our Ninja air fryer to Spain this autumn and never used the barbecue!l
How easy is it to clean? My super-duper NEFF oven has broken again, (first time was on Christmas Day!) and I am looking for a 'standby'!!

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Just bought a Ninja Foodie for home got the big 7.5 Lt one, it's big and heavy but it's great, got it to replace a multi-cooker where the nonstick bowl had, had it.
Great to be able to eat chips without feeling guilty for all the fat consumption.

Looked at the small one for the van but would need a bigger inverter & more batteries (can't really get a fourth in and don't want to go to Lithium yet) and it is the same footprint as the big one just a bit lower. So too big for the van also the pressure/slow cook lid is a big bit of kit that needs to be stored separately.

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Isn't "air-fryer" the new marketing term for the old halogen ovens? ;)
The Ninja replaced the halogen oven. Similar in concept but does one heck of a lot more, quicker and better in my experience. Easy to clean as well

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
Halogen - about £35
Ambiano-Halogen-Air-Fryer-A.jpg

Airfryer - from £60 approx
615HFvL2UBL.__AC_SX300_SY300_QL70_ML2_.jpg

I have both - air fryer gets far more use

Ninja - about £150
OP100UK_03

but it's a "multi" cooker

SOS

Aug 10, 2014
Devizes
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 1R
Exp
Since 2014
We had a halogen and when it blew up we invested in the Ninja. We do take it away in the motorhome when we know we are on hook up and it is brilliant. Downside is that it is heavy and the lid that you need for the slow cooker and pressure cooker functions is separate to the main unit. I don't bother taking it abroad as most time the electric trips when using it because of the amperage of the site.

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
We had a halogen and when it blew up we invested in the Ninja. We do take it away in the motorhome when we know we are on hook up and it is brilliant. Downside is that it is heavy and the lid that you need for the slow cooker and pressure cooker functions is separate to the main unit. I don't bother taking it abroad as most time the electric trips when using it because of the amperage of the site.
The pressure cooker lid is a bit of a pain but luckily I have a lot of storage space. Still discovering new ways of cooking with it. My ex captain friend uses his to cook steaks but I have not yet dared to do so

Sep 17, 2017
Birmingham, UK
Funster No
MH
A-Class
Exp
We've got an InstantPot for the house. In most cases, you can fry stuff first to get some nice flavours, then pressure cook something in 10 minutes that would normally take an hour to simmer. We've had it for a couple of years and use it every week. I think there's now also a version that can 'air fry' (AKA oven) cook too? Although ours does have a raised basket included and I've roast chicken in it before, so I'm not sure what the difference is?

I'm rarely on hook-up though, so I didn't think about being able to use one... but if I ever get my Lithium setup working, the smaller InstantPots are only 700w, so that's doable?

John Barrett

Free Member
Jan 19, 2020
Hamble, Southampton.
Funster No
MH
One Eyed in Hamble!
Exp
Since 2012
The pressure cooker lid is a bit of a pain but luckily I have a lot of storage space. Still discovering new ways of cooking with it. My ex captain friend uses his to cook steaks but I have not yet dared to do so
We have this one. It cooks just about everything: thick rump steaks in a six minutes (210C), wonderful roast potatoes, and a full English if you want!
Except the eggs...

Broken Link Removed

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
We have the Ninja dual at home and love it, we’re thinking of getting one for the van.
Probably (possibly) the same as the one we've got Broken Link Removed

Best kitchen appliance I've bought since the marriage licence!(y);)

However thinking we may upscale, no not the wife - the Ninja, to the Broken Link Removed as there's four of us. Had thought about "relegating" the AF300 to the motorhome but at around 10A draw could give fun and games with EHU.

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Probably (possibly) the same as the one we've got Broken Link Removed

Best kitchen appliance I've bought since the marriage licence!(y);)

However thinking we may upscale, no not the wife - the Ninja, to the Broken Link Removed as there's four of us. Had thought about "relegating" the AF300 to the motorhome but at around 10A draw could give fun and games with EHU.
Yes same one as we have and think its great, we even do muffins in it which are delicious.

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
Yes same one as we have and think its great, we even do muffins in it which are delicious.
Are you sure it's the same one?:unsure:

We can't get a mule to fit into ours even using both drawers!:rofl::getmecoat:

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
Cleaning was mentioned. We often use these greaseproof inserts if heavy soiling is anticipated!
Amazon product ASIN B08K8PSZ5Y
Immediately the food is out the drawers with other half serving up the trays and drawers are in the hot soapy water and wiped clean before any residue congeals \ solidifies. Just be extremely careful though as they're bl**dy hot!:whistle2:

SOS

Aug 10, 2014
Devizes
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 1R
Exp
Since 2014
There are Facebook groups with recipe ideas. I’m quite a fan of it tbh but like you still learning.

Jul 25, 2010
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2009
We have the ninja foodie and the ninja xl grill...oh and a few other bits.
The ninjas are power hungry. We have used the XL grill when on hook up. You have to make sure you don't put anything else on at the same time or you will now the electric.
The ninjas cook much quicker than anything else and are very versatile :giggle:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back