LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Due to family commitments and having to cancel the last 2 long term trips at the last minute we have 99% decided to give up on motorhoming in Europe. We are thinking of buying in the States and leaving the RV in storage, flying out for trips of around 3 weeks at a time, maybe 3 or 4 times a year.
This then comes to what to do with my beloved RMB. It will be with a heavy heart, but there does not seem much point in keeping one in the UK and one in the States, so if anyone is interested in this one of a kind motorhome or any of my other toys such as the Joiner buggy or my IP 15 ft fishing boat please PM me. The RMB and all my toys are check book maintained and ready to go.
I will be keeping the Dehler camper for use as an every day commuter when we are in the UK but my trusty VW golf shooting break will also be looking for a new home.

wivvy's dad

Free Member
Jun 22, 2010
Funster No
MH
Transit LWB Hi-Top PVC
Exp
On and Off since '98
Bloody hell Dave.......

:Eeek:

I'd have your RMB like a shot, only it's too big for where we have to keep ours.

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Bloody hell Dave.......

:Eeek:

I'd have your RMB like a shot, only it's too big for where we have to keep ours.

I know it looks big, but its under 7 metres long.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 28, 2011
Stokesley, North Yorks
Funster No
MH
JoaCamp75Q by Pilote
Exp
Still learning since 2010
Think long and hard about this.
If you had to cancel Europe at short notice then what's to say you won't have to cancel the USA at short notice. All your toys gone and stuff over the pond that you can't get at.
At least if you still have your things in the UK you can up and go as and when you are able.
Why not just hire in the States for 3 or 4 weeks if you want to tour over there. At least you won't have the outlay for an RV and storage, so you could use that for hire charges. You already have everything over here, so nothing lost.

Worth a thought or not ? ::bigsmile:

Mel

Free Member
Oct 6, 2012
De Haan Belgium
Funster No
MH
Caravan LMC
Exp
Since 2010 Caravan since 1995
Hi Dave.

I wish you well whatever you think is best.

Mel

Deckard

Free Member
Mar 26, 2013
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
...looking
Exp
Noob
WHAT????

I nearly fell off my chair....stop, take a breath. Whilst you may have to change things at the last minute, thats life sometimes. What would be different between the states and europe? If something comes up, does it care where you were heading?

I would be interested in your van, however, I rather suspect there will be a bloody long queue for viewings!

Seriously, take a step back, stercus accidit, but life goes on and there will be more opportunities round the corner...:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
Good idea, we had considered it but feel that age is perhaps not on our side so we just hire RVs every so often.
Endless sights and places to go over there, fabulous :thumb:

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
All the best Dave on whatever you choose :thumb:
terry