Gaslow question... probably a stoopid one! (1 Viewer)

TechnoDude

Free Member
Mar 27, 2024
Funster No
MH
Elddis Majestic 125
Just bought a Gaslow cylinder for the MH. Also bought a GPL bayonet adapter as I don't want to fit an external filler just yet.
I've taken the bottle and got it filled locally so all good so far!

Question is... can I remove the bayonet GPL filling adapter once the bottle is filled? I assume the bottle has a 1-way valve on that connection?

Many thanks in advance.

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
hi and welcome, there are a few LPG experts on the forum whom i am sure know the correct answer.

i think i know the answer but think is not enough in this case, :rolleyes:

this reply will at least bump your question.

Jan 11, 2022
Funster No
MH
Pilote P732 2011
Exp
3rd Time around, since 2000
If the top of your bottle looks like this then you just fit filler gun when filling and remove as normal, no need to remove the bottle adapter
IMG_0323.jpeg

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Basildog

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 21, 2018
Funster No
As already mentioned by Sleeveless it’s good practice to remove the on bottle filler and use the cap on the filler elbow or to use this type of blanking cap that fits in the end of the bayonet adapter.
So although there is an NRV (non return valve) fitted to the inlet of the Rotarex multivalve it’s possible that if any debris was to enter from the open end it could stick open slightly and potentially leak.
The correct answer is use a blanking cap.

Last edited:
Aug 10, 2012
cambridge
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
since2001
I’ve had a filler NRV stick open and deposit the whole contents of the tank on the forecourt floor after disconnecting the hose and it caused chaos !
I now expect the NRV to fail on disconnection and anticipate, it never has since 😊

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back