Free Member
Mar 28, 2010
Lutterworth
Funster No
MH
A Beastie
Exp
Since July 2010
I dropped my much loved and well travelled Canon A560 this morning and it hasn't responded too well to the shock. I've been thinking about getting something with more megapixels and better zoom so I guess this gives me an excuse. This one is within my budget (bargain) and seems to have the features I want

http://www.jessops.com/online.store/products/77252/show.html

Anyone own one or a similar model? I don't want an SLR - I already have one though it is 24 years old and uses that weird stuff they call film :ROFLMAO:

lunarman

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2008
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1994
SWMBO has the Fuji JX530 and is very pleased with it. Nice compact camera that takes good pics.

Lunarman

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Janine

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
A little bit left of Middle England
Funster No
MH
2006 A/S Nuevo
Exp
since 1988
I've had a Fuji Finepix 2800Zoom for many years and it's great.

I did try to replace it with a smaller Olympus camera with more pixels and zoom, but it doesn't take such good pictures as the Fuji.

BionicPixie

Free Member
Aug 15, 2009
non
Funster No
MH
Exp
I have always had Fuji Finepix cameras so do my family .... I was recommended to this site and the refurbished ones they are much better priced come with all of the same accessories are purchased direct from Fuji and have the same guarantee which you can extend.
The savings are pretty impressive ..... just maybe a slightly plainer box!

Link Removed

If you need their service department they have a fixed price for each camera repair or service and they come back with a guarantee as well. I found this when my original camera (pre-using this site) was dropped beneath a 36ton excavator!

MrJinks

Free Member
Sep 1, 2008
Dorchester, Dorset
Funster No
MH
C Class RV
Exp
6 years
I have had Fuji cameras for years, most recently a finepix S8000.

I have always found for its price, it takes super pictures.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

dylan

Free Member
Aug 31, 2007
sw wales
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
n/a
Yes, I have always had Fuji cameras. Currently have the HS10 a bridge model. Love them and like the fact mine uses AA batteries which means I can always have batteries ready to use at any time. Never had any problems with them.

OP
OP
ninjayorkies

ninjayorkies

Free Member
Mar 28, 2010
Lutterworth
Funster No
MH
A Beastie
Exp
Since July 2010
Yes, I have always had Fuji cameras. Currently have the HS10 a bridge model. Love them and like the fact mine uses AA batteries which means I can always have batteries ready to use at any time. Never had any problems with them.

I really wanted one with AA batteries as that's what my Canon uses but doesn't look like any of the ones I want use them, they're all these Li-ion batteries :cry:

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
My Mrs has a Fuji JV100 compact camera, and in spite of having the battery replaced it still loses all charge in a week or two.:Sad:
I have a Canon Ixus 95IS bought at the same time, a bit more expensive but I wanted a viewfinder as well as the screen that is unusable in sunlight. It lives on my belt all the time and the battery only needs charging every couple of months, even though its used pretty much every day.

I also have a couple of larger cameras, a Fuji and a Nikon, the battery charge doesn't last long in that Fuji either.

The Nikon takes the best quality pictures, but because it is quite large I never have it with me when I need it.

I recommend the Canon over Fuji any day.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back