Fridge repair (1 Viewer)

May 28, 2020
Oxfordshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Izola S687SP
Exp
Any one got any recommendations for fridge repair services in Oxfordshire/Gloucestershire /swindon area thetford fridge is not igniting on gas we’ve had a look clean up bits we think might have caused a problem but we are not knowledgeable about fridges so now need someone to take a proper look. Works fine on electric.

Oct 8, 2014
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Excel 600B
Exp
Previous VW Camper + Caravan
Martin came to my house and serviced my Dometic fridge when the burner kept on going out.

He also applied a Speedcoat repair to my shower tray at his workshop, just south of Swindon.

Screenshot_20240201-225800.png

Sep 9, 2020
Warwick, UK
Funster No
MH
Swift Rio 320
Exp
Since a while before Covid
Similar request a little further north. I need a Dometic fridge repair - problem with the PCB according to Ash at VanBitz. I'm in Warwick. Tried Dometic service centre in Tewkesbury who promised that an engineer would be in contact - that was early December. Still waiting. All I have had from them is an invite to review the quality of their service!!! Tried a registered Dometic engineer in Northampton - too busy. Next one I tried says he won't work with Dometic any more!!! Looks like I may be driving and staying overnight somewhere unless anyone knows anywhere in Warwickshire / Leicestershire / West Midlands.

May 21, 2008
Oxford
Funster No
MH
WildAx Constellation
Exp
Since 2008
would recommend Northants Motorhome Services - he knows what he's doing! Phone Paul on 07751 887341 and tell him his security cert has expired. I would use him for anything - he is brilliant.

Sep 19, 2019
Warwick, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis-t
Similar request a little further north. I need a Dometic fridge repair - problem with the PCB according to Ash at VanBitz. I'm in Warwick. Tried Dometic service centre in Tewkesbury who promised that an engineer would be in contact - that was early December. Still waiting. All I have had from them is an invite to review the quality of their service!!! Tried a registered Dometic engineer in Northampton - too busy. Next one I tried says he won't work with Dometic any more!!! Looks like I may be driving and staying overnight somewhere unless anyone knows anywhere in Warwickshire / Leicestershire / West Midlands.
Which fridge model do you have?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 9, 2020
Warwick, UK
Funster No
MH
Swift Rio 320
Exp
would recommend Northants Motorhome Services - he knows what he's doing! Phone Paul on 07751 887341 and tell him his security cert has expired. I would use him for anything - he is brilliant.
thank you, I have emailed him

Jan 17, 2014
Wellington, Telford, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 1977
Have you checked the gas plumbing to the fridge. I've had 'gunge' from the gas supply blocking the pipes in the past.

If you are not into having a look yourself it may be worth seeing if Dave Newell at Telford can look at it for you. I know he's not on your doorstep but may be worth a try.

Sep 9, 2020
Warwick, UK
Funster No
MH
Swift Rio 320
Exp
I believe the PCBs for that model have been discontinued which could be why Dometic are ignoring you.

You may be able to get a replacement from Apuljack but they won’t fit it for you.
https://www.apuljackelectronics.co.uk/
I've never stripped out a fridge and fiddled inside, but something inside me says ... anyone can replace a pcb!! The difficult bit is probably getting to it! But then I do tend to be optimistic about fixing repairs myself which has usually worked ... eventually ...

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
I've never stripped out a fridge and fiddled inside, but something inside me says ... anyone can replace a pcb!! The difficult bit is probably getting to it! But then I do tend to be optimistic about fixing repairs myself which has usually worked ... eventually ...
Have you thought about replacing the burner which should fit into the capability and accesibility module you state where you are at.
Just make sure you purchase the right one.
I would try that before paying any money out as it is the first thing they are likely to try

Sep 19, 2019
Warwick, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis-t

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread