Firestick randomly pausing, (not a connection issue) (1 Viewer)

Apr 7, 2022
34390 Saint-Étienne-d'Albagnan, France
Funster No
MH
Chausson Welcome 70
Exp
Hi I have an issue with my firestick.

The firestick pauses, this is not due to the connection or buffering, it is as if you have pressed the pause button on the controller, if you press the pause button on the controller it continues again, without problem, I have a sony tv and originally I had the hdmi settings such that you could control the firestick using the tv remote, but the first thing I did was disable that with no change.

It has been doing it for a couple of months, initially was just occasionally, but seems to be getting much more frequent.I know the obvious things to try are another firestick in the tv, and this firestick in a different tv, unfortunately due to work on the house our other tv and firestick is all stored away at the moment. (Sorry i should have mentioned, this is in the house we dont have tv in the van).

I just wondered if anyone had seen it before, and knew what might cause it.
Dave

RowleyBirkinQC

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 20, 2014
Dazed & Confused
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2007
Not seen/heard of it, not Google’d it. Have you tested with using the tv remote to control the Firestick whilst unpairing/disabling the Firestick remote? Just wondering if dodgy connection on the pause button or similar?

Deleted User
A couple of random thoughts .....

Have you tried pairing the Firestick remote so that it controls the TV as well, i.e. not the other way round ?

Do you have a VPN installed on the Firestick or your home router ? If so, have you tried disabling that or logging on to a different server?

OP
OP
W
Apr 7, 2022
Funster No
MH
Chausson Welcome 70
Exp
Not seen/heard of it, not Google’d it. Have you tested with using the tv remote to control the Firestick whilst unpairing/disabling the Firestick remote? Just wondering if dodgy connection on the pause button or similar?
I tried googling it, unfortunately 50,000 hits to do with buffereing, i think i can lay my hands on a different remote, if so i will swap them over, and see if that helps, stupidly i hadn't thought of a sticky button.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
where’s the Firestick powered from, if TV try a seperate usb.

OP
OP
W
Apr 7, 2022
Funster No
MH
Chausson Welcome 70
Exp
A couple of random thoughts .....

Have you tried pairing the Firestick remote so that it controls the TV as well, i.e. not the other way round ?

Do you have a VPN installed on the Firestick or your home router ? If so, have you tried disabling that or logging on to a different server?
The Firestick remote does control the tv a bit, but only on/off and volume. Also not a VPN but I actually use SmartDNS, but the effect is exactly like you have pressed the pause button, so i am sure it is not connection issues.

Oct 18, 2021
Northampton, UK
Funster No
MH
AutoTrail Apache 700
Exp
Some....good & bad!
Mines the same. Deleting cache helps as well as deleting and reinstalling the app that freezes. Also get it with the streaming app installed directly onto my Sony TV!

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
I clear the cookies and cache on each app and it seems to work better. Not perfect but it does something

Oct 18, 2021
Northampton, UK
Funster No
MH
AutoTrail Apache 700
Exp
Some....good & bad!
Maybe intermittent droppages in internet connection, who is your supplier?

OP
OP
W
Apr 7, 2022
Funster No
MH
Chausson Welcome 70
Exp
I clear the cookies and cache on each app and it seems to work better. Not perfect but it does something
I also do that but, this seems indépendant of the application you are using.

My gut feeling is that it is something to do with the HDMI signaling, I have tried both hdmi sockets on the tv, and it is the same, so it would have to be either a common problem with the sockets on the tv, or a faulty firestick.

I think I am going to have to get my other tv, and firestick unpacked and do more testing,

OP
OP
W
Apr 7, 2022
Funster No
MH
Chausson Welcome 70
Exp
I guess another angle could be software/firmware updates on both Firestick & TV, if not automatically updated?
That did cross my mind, I think the firestick is up to date, i will have to check the TV, its not smart so a case of loading the new firmware on a usb, and updating it from the setup menu.

Stonemags76

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2011
Derbyshire Dales
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleepers Warwick Duo
Exp
Full Time 2011-2013, now part timers!
Try ringing Amazon, even if it’s an old firestick, they are usually very helpful!

OP
OP
W
Apr 7, 2022
Funster No
MH
Chausson Welcome 70
Exp
This afternoon I swapped the remote for a similar but older remote, interestingly the firestick insisted on doing a firmware update on the this remote, and I have deleted the remote that i have been using. So far it apears to be behaving its self, i will see how it works tonight, and post what happens. Thanks everyone for your posts so far.

OP
OP
W
Apr 7, 2022
Funster No
MH
Chausson Welcome 70
Exp
This afternoon I swapped the remote for a similar but older remote, interestingly the firestick insisted on doing a firmware update on the this remote, and I have deleted the remote that i have been using. So far it apears to be behaving its self, i will see how it works tonight, and post what happens. Thanks everyone for your posts so far.
I thought swapping the remote had cracked it, the first evening no problem at all, but yesterday it paused itself again several times.

I am still up to my eyes in renovating the bedroom but hopefully I will have a bit more time to look at it properly next week.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back