Favourite authors (1 Viewer)

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
For anyone into Science fiction these two Authors rank very highly for me. Up there with the classics.

Peter F. Hamilton 2 massive Trilogies are well worth reading.
The codominium series by Jerry Pournelle specifically the Mote around God's eye and Moat around Murcheson's Eye (AKA Gripping Hand) Co written with Larry Niven.

For me those are the best 8 books ever and I have read them all a couple of times each.

I enjoy my Asimov, Clarke and Heinlen as much as the next scifi fan but these.........

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
When I first answered this thread I forgot to mention David Nobbs, who wrote the Reginald Perrin novels before they were adapted into the classic TV comedy drama series starring Leonard Rossiter in the 1970s.

They are very well-written stories in their own right, and I'd especially recommend them to anybody in middle age (or mid-life crisis - whichever comes first).

MHVirgins

Free Member
Aug 22, 2011
South of Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
March 2011
When I do manage to stay awake in bed for long enough to read, I enjoy anything by John Grisham, Tom Clancy or Stephen King:Smile:

Margaret

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Bertie Bassett

Free Member
Jul 25, 2014
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1988
Bit of a Bump. As a night shift worker my Kindle is so well used it glows on occasion.
Current Favourites:
Bernard Cornwell (not Sharpe) The Warrior and Warlord Series excellent page turners about a time in our history I knew nothing about. Historical references by the author bring it all to life.
Jo Nesbo, very dark Detective Series from Norway featuring Inspector Harry Hole. If you like them dark Harry's the guy!
Steig Larsson RIP The Millennium Series, brilliant series starting with The Girl With Dragon Tattoo; a further trilogy is being put together apparently using plots that Larsson sketched out before his untimely death. All will be about as popular with the Swedish establishment as the first three were........looking forward to reading them.
Martin Walker, series about a French municipal policeman............ superb series featuring Benoit Courreges or Bruno as he is known to his mates. Addictive. If you're into food this is also for you, Bruno doesn't only cook he puts the recipes on line!
Martin O'Brien, another French Detective series featuring Inspector Daniel Jacquot another charismatic cop who played Rugby for France. Seriously addictive.
Ken Follett: The Century Trilogy.
Ann Cleeves, Shetland. Slow paced series but a very good read.
Henning Mankel: Wallander; a Swedish Police Series. Books are even better than the series.( when it featured Krister Henriksonn as Wallander)

Easyliving

Free Member
Dec 4, 2012
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011
I am a fan of Oliver Tidy, a Kindle only author who seems to be developing a bit of a following. I have read all his books but my personal favourites are the Romney and Marsh series which follow the exploits of a Dover detective and his sidekick. I know the familiar detective duo line has been done many times over the years but Oliver Tidy tells a good story with believable characters and some humour thrown in.

Paul

Oct 18, 2014
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B598 PL
Exp
Since 2013
I am a fan of Oliver Tidy, a Kindle only author who seems to be developing a bit of a following. I have read all his books but my personal favourites are the Romney and Marsh series which follow the exploits of a Dover detective and his sidekick. I know the familiar detective duo line has been done many times over the years but Oliver Tidy tells a good story with believable characters and some humour thrown in.

Paul
I'll look him up, thank you.
I'm just finishing the kraken wakes!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back