Ever wish you had never started something (1 Viewer)

Feb 17, 2012
merseyside
Funster No
MH
Murvi Pimento
Exp
Since 2015
I have a wingback chair that is all faded and grubby so looking at a few YouTube videos I thought “That looks doable and fun, I think I will have a go at reupholstering it”
Obviously the chairs on YouTube weren’t as good a quality as mine as I’m still at the removing staples stage and it’s a nightmare!
So do I get my saw out, chop it up and take it to the tip?

image.jpg image.jpg

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
On another note. Wife's parents in the Faroes had an extremely uncomfortable 3 piece suite bought in the 50's. The sofa used to make boinging noises when sitting on it. When we took over the house a cousin took it on and re-upholstered it after attending some evening classes. It looks and feels fabulous now, I'll see if I can find some pics and post them later.

Feb 5, 2022
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Possl 2 win
Exp
40 years
Well I thought the same, I would re-upholster 4 dining chairs after attending a vocational/evening class! But there are none, no vocational courses because of austerity! So having recently retired I can’t upgrade my knowledge or skills doing courses at the local college! 😐
I thought I would learn French and use it exploring France in my campervan but no beginners courses harumph🙄

OP
OP
Aly1
Feb 17, 2012
merseyside
Funster No
MH
Murvi Pimento
Exp
Since 2015
Well I thought the same, I would re-upholster 4 dining chairs after attending a vocational/evening class! But there are none, no vocational courses because of austerity! So having recently retired I can’t upgrade my knowledge or skills doing courses at the local college! 😐
I thought I would learn French and use it exploring France in my campervan but no beginners courses harumph🙄
I have been looking for an upholstery course but there’s none locally. I also tried to find a French class and again there as nothing.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back