Even the scammers are getting it wrong this morning! (1 Viewer)

Aug 31, 2015
Huddersfield
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt, AS Winchcombe
Exp
since 2013
some cheap MH's on eBay this morning
image.jpg

etap

Free Member
Nov 19, 2014
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Chausson Flash 610
Exp
3 years
Yet the publishers of these adds allow the adverts to stay on ? I complained about one on CFSale yet it had been there some time, is there no law regarding misleading adverts? There certainly is if you have a business.
Etap

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Deleted User
Yet the publishers of these adds allow the adverts to stay on ? I complained about one on CFSale yet it had been there some time, is there no law regarding misleading adverts? There certainly is if you have a business.
Etap
I complained about the scam adverts to Gumtree and their response was not encouraging, basically saying that can't do anything about it. I was very disappointed by their response as the same ads were being posted day after day. I then contacted the Citizens Advice Bureau and they said they were working with Trading Standards to gather information about the scams with the view of asking the law makers to make the advertising companies responsible for scam adverts. The CAB asked me to contact my MP and complain about the scams and to ask for the necessary changes to consumer law to protect innocent buyers.
Perhaps forums such as Motorhome Fun should be canvassing for these changes.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back