European Vets that have issued EU Pet Passports to Brits since Brexit (2 Viewers)

Sep 25, 2021
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Another very happy user of Lieve de Rycke here. Just returned and found whole process very easy. Also used the Abbeywell Vet's service to get the AHC needed to enter France on way to Bruges. Cost of AHC plus Rabies booster, Passport and Tapeworm treatment for return to UK was less than our vet charged last year for an AHC.

Jan 15, 2019
Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
1 year
Anyone know if the vets near the Benidorm Palace can do one ?
Yes got Bertie his last year 30euro
Anyone know if the vets near the Benidorm Palace can do one ?
yes got Bertie his last year

c8f4d36b-a4c2-4a1d-ae84-0c38b5aa8944.jpeg

IMG_2986.jpeg

May 21, 2014
Llywel Brecon
Funster No
MH
Rapido M96
Exp
Since May 2014
Check out the list on the map - the link is in my signature
Hi ceejayt
This is the response from the vets in Ypres, number 20 on the map, received yesterday. Violation of the Belgian Law is news to me.

Dear,

Thank you for contacting us.
Unfortunately we cannot issue Pet passports for non-residents of Belgium, as this is a violation against the law.
However, we can fill in the necessary AHC, administer the deworming treatment and give her the Rabies vaccine.

The cost for the consultation (AHC documents) would be around 39.80 euros.
The deworming tablet will be around 8.50 euros.
The Rabies vaccine comes at 17.50 euros.

If you want to book an appointment, please let us know.

Kind regards,

Valérie Deproost
Dierenartsassistente

Sep 29, 2019
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis
Exp
20 years
Hi ceejayt
This is the response from the vets in Ypres, number 20 on the map, received yesterday. Violation of the Belgian Law is news to me.

Dear,

Unfortunately we cannot issue Pet passports for non-residents of Belgium, as this is a violation against the law.
However, we can fill in the necessary AHC, administer the deworming treatment and give her the Rabies vaccine.

Kind regards,

Valérie Deproost
Dierenartsassistente
If it helps, a UK vet told me we needed a blood test in January to travel abroad when I asked for the rabies vaccine. They don’t always know what they are talking about.

ceejayt

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2015
Stamford Bridge - Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
RS Elysian A Class
Exp
Since 2004
Hi ceejayt

Dear,

Kind regards,

Valérie Deproost
Dierenartsassistente
Thanks for letting me know. Will remove them from the map

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Lily Sullivan

Free Member
Apr 27, 2024
Funster No
MH
just lookinh
We have just got an EU pet passport for our dog in France (April 24). The vet used the Rabies certificate from our UK vet (dated February 24) and said we needed to carry that with the passport.

I’ve seen some people say that as the vet has recorded in the passport the date he read the microchip (April 24), which is after the date the UK vet issued the rabies shot this could be a problem when we go to France next. Obviously our dog had the microchip implanted as a puppy (he’s now 6) but we don’t have any proof of the date of implantation.

Does anyone know if this is right?

Thanks in advance.

Vet details for map

Dr Lauras Martin Marc

71 avenue André Maginot 37100 Tours.

Jan 15, 2019
Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
1 year
I maybe wrong but I don’t think you can have any uk documents added to or with a EU passport
If a UK vet adds anything in aEU passport it will invalidate it
Your French vet should have given your dog a new rabies jab
As boarder control will say dog doesn’t have rabies jab entered in his : her passport

ceejayt

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2015
Funster No
MH
RS Elysian A Class
Exp
Since 2004
We have just got an EU pet passport for our dog in France (April 24). The vet used the Rabies certificate from our UK vet (dated February 24) and said we needed to carry that with the passport.

I’ve seen some people say that as the vet has recorded in the passport the date he read the microchip (April 24), which is after the date the UK vet issued the rabies shot this could be a problem when we go to France next. Obviously our dog had the microchip implanted as a puppy (he’s now 6) but we don’t have any proof of the date of implantation.

Thanks in advance.

Vet details for map

Dr Lauras Martin Marc

Pretty sure you will have a problem. You need the rabies injection recorded in the passport by the European vet. Having a second shot is not a problem close to the timing of the UK one.

Lily Sullivan

Free Member
Apr 27, 2024
Funster No
MH
just lookinh
I maybe wrong but I don’t think you can have any uk documents added to or with a EU passport
If a UK vet adds anything in aEU passport it will invalidate it
Your French vet should have given your dog a new rabies jab
As boarder control will say dog doesn’t have rabies jab entered in his : her passport
Yes you definitely can’t have any UK documents or UK vet entries put into the passport but the French vet seemed to think it was ok just to carry the UK rabies certificate with the passport. But I’m not sure he’s right.

ceejayt

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2015
Funster No
MH
RS Elysian A Class
Exp
Since 2004
Yes you definitely can’t have any UK documents or UK vet entries put into the passport but the French vet seemed to think it was ok just to carry the UK rabies certificate with the passport. But I’m not sure he’s right.
Almost sure he is wrong. He should have administered a new shot and entered it into the passport

Lily Sullivan

Free Member
Apr 27, 2024
Funster No
MH
just lookinh
Pretty sure you will have a problem. You need the rabies injection recorded in the passport by the European vet. Having a second shot is not a problem close to the timing of the UK one.
That’s what I’m worried about. Probably should have got our dog a rabies booster at the same time and got the vet to record that. I don’t want to give him a booster if it might affect his health, guess I’ll have to check with our UK vet.

ceejayt

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2015
Funster No
MH
RS Elysian A Class
Exp
Since 2004
That’s what I’m worried about. Probably should have got our dog a rabies booster at the same time and got the vet to record that. I don’t want to give him a booster if it might affect his health, guess I’ll have to check with our UK vet.
Ours had U.K. booster in Novemeber to get AHC and then a new shot in January in Bruges for the vet passport. Vet confirmed it would not be a problem and no adverse effects

Lily Sullivan

Free Member
Apr 27, 2024
Funster No
MH
just lookinh
Almost sure he is wrong. He should have administered a new shot and entered it into the passport
If our UK vet says it’s ok I suppose I’ll just get another AHC for our next visit and book him in for a rabies booster when we’re there.

Can you please point me to the map of friendly French vets?

ceejayt

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2015
Funster No
MH
RS Elysian A Class
Exp
Since 2004
If our UK vet says it’s ok I suppose I’ll just get another AHC for our next visit and book him in for a rabies booster when we’re there.

Can you please point me to the map of friendly French vets?
Map link is in my signature

Nov 5, 2013
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic e-line
Exp
Since 2013

Thanks in advance.

Vet details for map

Dr Lauras Martin Marc

It is perfectly acceptable to transfer the rabies vaccination across from an AHC to an EU passport but It's the date of the chip implanting that should have been put in.

As it stands you will probably have to use your AHC to re enter the UK or Google 'Pet chip registration' enter the chip number on the passport and if it has been registered it should give you the information that maybe the vet could correct if your not to far away 🤞

Failing that it's another AHC next time but better informed 👍

ceejayt

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2015
Funster No
MH
RS Elysian A Class
Exp
Since 2004
It is perfectly acceptable to transfer the rabies vaccination across from an AHC to an EU passport but It's the date of the chip implanting that should have been put in.

As it stands you will probably have to use your AHC to re enter the UK or Google 'Pet chip registration' enter the chip number on the passport and if it has been registered it should give you the information that maybe the vet could correct if your not to far away 🤞

Failing that it's another AHC next time but better informed 👍
You will be OK returning from Europe if you show the AHC you came with to prove the vaccine but you will NOT be above to use the away passport to come back next time I believe is the position

Apr 24, 2012
Worcester
Funster No
MH
RMB Concorde
Exp
Since 2010
That’s hard luck!! You find a French vet to do avpassport - they’re like he’s teeth these days!- and they mess it up!

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
The French vet is wrong. The AHC is only usable for 4 months from date of issue and can only be used for one return trip. I had this out with a vet in Spain who said to just keep the AHC to prove rabies vac status consequently I didn't use her for our Bella's PP but got it somewhere else along with a new 3 year rabies jab so no issue with the chip date and the rabies jab date.

If you've already come back to the UK then you'll have no choice but to get another AHC - assuming the rabies jab is still in date then you won't need to do that again to travel to abroad but should certainly get a new one before you come back to the UK.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back