Entering UK with our dog (1 Viewer)

rf9ridrer

Free Member
Sep 6, 2022
Funster No
MH
2007 ACE FIRENZE
Just a couple of questions, returning to UK via the tunnel end of February, we are Spanish residents, our dog is Spanish! she has a passport with all vacs up to date, we have been to our vets to make sure her chip scans ok, it did, she mentioned about her having a fit for travel document? Thought we just needed to get her a worming tablet?
Also, when booking the tunnel, there`s no mention of booking/paying for the dog?
Do we pay at the tunnel when she gets scanned or am i missing something? Thanks all.

Jan 30, 2020
Mid Bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
RS Endeavour
Exp
Just a tad..
Just a couple of questions, returning to UK via the tunnel end of February, we are Spanish residents, our dog is Spanish! she has a passport with all vacs up to date, we have been to our vets to make sure her chip scans ok, it did, she mentioned about her having a fit for travel document? Thought we just needed to get her a worming tablet?
Also, when booking the tunnel, there`s no mention of booking/paying for the dog?
Do we pay at the tunnel when she gets scanned or am i missing something? Thanks all.

When you go through the tunnel booking process it try’s to get you to add on load of extras, one of which is the dog. Select and continue. From memory it’s £22.50 each way for the dog now.

All you need is the dog wormed…nothing else with your Spanish dog passport.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
When you go through the tunnel booking process it try’s to get you to add on load of extras, one of which is the dog. Select and continue. From memory it’s £22.50 each way for the dog now.

All you need is the dog wormed…nothing else with your Spanish dog passport.
All correct. 😄

Just to add that the worming must be done within 5 days but no sooner than 24 hours before travel so if intending to get your vet to do it make sure you can get to the tunnel and booked-in in time.

Oct 5, 2009
anglesey
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
since 1999
Don't forget you need the worming tablet admistered by a vet and passport stamped between one and five days of departure

OP
OP
rf9ridrer

rf9ridrer

Free Member
Sep 6, 2022
Funster No
MH
2007 ACE FIRENZE
Thanks all, we are getting her done nearer to Calais as we are having a slow ride back through Spain and France with a few stopovers.
We are looking at the vets in Neufchatel En Bray, if anyone has any thoughts on them?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 6, 2009
Funster No
As previously stated but just to be clear, from having the worm tablet administered you have to wait 24hrs before crossing but must complete the crossing within the next five days.

OP
OP
rf9ridrer

rf9ridrer

Free Member
Sep 6, 2022
Funster No
MH
2007 ACE FIRENZE
Yes, we are aware of that, hence getting her done away from Calais, thanks for the info!

Aug 31, 2016
Suffolk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2008
Thanks all, we are getting her done nearer to Calais as we are having a slow ride back through Spain and France with a few stopovers.
We are looking at the vets in Neufchatel En Bray, if anyone has any thoughts on them?
Used the Vet at Neufchâtel many times, easy on line booking system, easy access and parking, on small industrial estate at edge of town recommend.

OP
OP
rf9ridrer

rf9ridrer

Free Member
Sep 6, 2022
Funster No
MH
2007 ACE FIRENZE
Used the Vet at Neufchâtel many times, easy on line booking system, easy access and parking, on small industrial estate at edge of town recommend.
Many of the reasons why we looked at it, plus 2 aires nearby!

Jun 20, 2022
Chapel St Leonards, UK
Funster No
MH
Fiat ducato pvc self
Exp
Since 2017
Think officially you need a fitness to travel cert to go between EU countries but as you don't stop at the border it doesn't get checked. No-one else bothers and I have never heard of anyone getting stopped for not having one.
Dennis

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Think officially you need a fitness to travel cert to go between EU countries but as you don't stop at the border it doesn't get checked. No-one else bothers and I have never heard of anyone getting stopped for not having one.
Dennis
I believe that the FTTC is only ever needed for permanently moving a pet from one country to another, not for holidays etc.

Wingingit#1

Free Member
Dec 13, 2022
Funster No
MH
Adria
That rings a bell (y) ,saw it on the way out i think. thanks will google maps it .

OP
OP
rf9ridrer

rf9ridrer

Free Member
Sep 6, 2022
Funster No
MH
2007 ACE FIRENZE
We've Just booked our dog in here, done it online, all in English!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back