Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Aug 15, 2016
Bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer Duomobile B class
Exp
Since 2000
I have a 2016 Hymer 634SL. Just recently I had one of the two leisure battery fail. After replacing both batteries, I had no electrics to the main control panel. After a lot of research and negativity from the dealership. I found the blue control unit (EBL213) was the cause. However I removed the security screws and found a relay had tripped off, this was simply reset and everything worked fine. A lot cheaper than the £2k + the dealer wanted for a new box.
Hope this is useful to anyone who encounter a similar problem.

IMG_2770.jpeg

Sep 17, 2017
Birmingham, UK
Funster No
MH
A-Class
Exp
These things are a junction box, some fuses, a charger and a couple of relays. Yet they're ridiculously expensive.

Mine has an over complex data bus that control satellite modules... that do things like turn the pump on and off. Why?

Jun 20, 2023
Funster No
MH
planning one…
Where is the relay?
I have a 2016 Hymer 634SL. Just recently I had one of the two leisure battery fail. After replacing both batteries, I had no electrics to the main control panel. After a lot of research and negativity from the dealership. I found the blue control unit (EBL213) was the cause. However I removed the security screws and found a relay had tripped off, this was simply reset and everything worked fine. A lot cheaper than the £2k + the dealer wanted for a new box.
Hope this is useful to anyone who encounter a similar problem.

View attachment 882905

Jul 13, 2022
Tarragona, Spain
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
complex data bus that control satellite modules... that do things like turn the pump on and off. Why?
I agree, this things are very expensive for what they do, and keeping it simple should be better.
Nevertheless I find the CI-bus (which is the standard used by the main motorhome manufacturers out there) an interesting evolution to control everything in the motorhome through the panel, using a lot less wires.

Sep 17, 2017
Birmingham, UK
Funster No
MH
A-Class
Exp
I agree, this things are very expensive for what they do, and keeping it simple should be better.
Nevertheless I find the CI-bus (which is the standard used by the main motorhome manufacturers out there) an interesting evolution to control everything in the motorhome through the panel, using a lot less wires.
I've got separate modules for lights, pump, tank levels, the fridge, tank heater, and one that interfaces with the Trauma heating. They're daisy chained together. And everything is on soft fuses. It's all very clever, but it feels like the early days of canbus when the standard wasn't very standard, wasn't very robust, and was a pain to diagnose when things went wrong.

I've had my panel loose it's programming. Which meant it wouldn't recognise the pump module, so wouldn't let me run water. It was £450 to replace, thankfully covered by the warranty.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 22, 2023
Funster No
MH
4 berth coachbuilt
What was wrong with using a switch to turn lights, pumps, etc on or off.

Jul 13, 2022
Tarragona, Spain
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
I've got separate modules for lights, pump, tank levels, the fridge, tank heater, and one that interfaces with the Trauma heating. They're daisy chained together. And everything is on soft fuses. It's all very clever, but it feels like the early days of canbus when the standard wasn't very standard, wasn't very robust, and was a pain to diagnose when things went wrong.

I've had my panel loose it's programming. Which meant it wouldn't recognise the pump module, so wouldn't let me run water. It was £450 to replace, thankfully covered by the warranty.
I see your system is a level further up more complicated.

Sep 17, 2017
Birmingham, UK
Funster No
MH
A-Class
Exp
I see your system is a level further up more complicated.
Everything is hanging off a couple of those STDbus connectors that Hymer Phil 's unit has. But it looks like he's also got the option to connect a lot of stuff that traditional way, straight to the block. My block looks simpler because I've not got the legacy connectors.
PXL_20230415_091856409.jpg

Instead I have many of these things buried around the van.
PXL_20210815_134010507.jpg

If only it was lithium compatible. 😅

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back