enery8

Free Member
Oct 11, 2012
Dorset
Funster No
MH
FFB Tabbert Classic 660
Exp
towing for 20 odd years but now have our first motorhome.
I must have posted this wrong as it does not appear in the new posts so here it is again.:Smile:

Once again based on a 700 watt microwave:
with this recipe stirring well is the secret.

_Ingredients:_
450 grammes Icing Sugar - sifted
196 grammes Sweetened Condensed Milk
2 tablespoons Golden Syrup
50 grammes Unsalted Butter - cubed
1 tablespoon water
1.5 tablespoons coffee essence (Camp Coffee)

_Method:_
Mix ingredients together in a large heatproof bowl
Cook uncovered on defrost (30%) for 10 minutes stirring appox every 1.5 minutes
Cook on full power 7 minutes (or until it reaches 240F, 116C)
Beat until mixture begins to thicken and grain. Pour into a shallow, square 7inch tin and allow to cool. Mark into squares. Cut into pieces when cold.
Delicious:thumb::thumb:

C

Chockswahay

Deleted User
PLEASE STOP! I am on a fasting day (500 calories) today and you keep putting these recipies on here, it's so cruel. :cry:

This is for you Armytwowheels ! English Muffins cooked in the 'van (yum yum) ::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

URL]

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
:Eeek: even worse! :cry:

Can the give me the recipe and know how please. I was going to try to bake bread in the double skillet this weekend, was thinking of trying a bread mix.

OP
OP
enery8

enery8

Free Member
Oct 11, 2012
Dorset
Funster No
MH
FFB Tabbert Classic 660
Exp
towing for 20 odd years but now have our first motorhome.
Yeah, I would like the recipe as well - ::bigsmile:

MHVirgins

Free Member
Aug 22, 2011
South of Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
March 2011
Wow! Two lots of low-calorie, weight-watching recipes in one night:winky:
Love it:thumb:

Margaret

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

C

Chockswahay

Deleted User
:Eeek: even worse! :cry:

Can the give me the recipe and know how please. I was going to try to bake bread in the double skillet this weekend, was thinking of trying a bread mix.

Here is the recipe we use..........NOTE......we use half the ingredients to make four at a time in the Double Skillet (I know you have one :winky:) and we use Butter instead of sunflower oil.

I tend to warm the skillet (one pan no lid) for 2 or 3 mins on a medium heat, add the dough to the pan and cook for about 1 minute each side then I turn the heat right down to minimum and cook for a further 12 to 15 mins.

The ones in the photo were the first time we made them in the van and they were fantastic!

They are lovely to eat when they have cooled down or we split them and toast them ::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

Enjoy (report back with an update:Smile:)

500g strong white bread flour, plus extra for dusting (or a 50:50 mixture of strong and plain flour)
2 tsp (10g) salt
1 tsp (5g) powdered dried yeast
325ml warm water
1 tbsp sunflower oil, plus a bit extra
1 handful semolina flour, for coating

To knead by hand, mix the flour, salt, yeast and water in a bowl to form a sticky dough. Add the oil, mix, then turn out on to a work surface and knead until smooth and silky. To use a mixer with a dough hook attachment, combine the flour, salt, yeast and water on a low speed, then add the oil and knead for 10 minutes until smooth and silky. Shape the dough into a round, coat very sparely with oil and place in a clean bowl covered with a plastic bag. Leave to rise until doubled in size.

Tip out the dough on to a work surface and press all over to deflate. Divide into nine pieces (about 90g each), shape each into a round and flatten to about 1.5cm. Dust with semolina flour – this gives a lovely texture to the crust – and leave to prove on a clean linen tea towel on a wooden board (slip into a plastic bag to help it along) until doubled in size.

Heat a large, heavy frying pan or griddle over medium heat and grease very lightly. Cook the muffins in batches so you don't overcrowd the pan (or have two pans going at once). Lay the muffins in the pan, cook for a minute or two, then turn gently. Cook slowly for 10-12 minutes, turning every now and then. You may need to adjust the heat if they seem to be colouring too fast or not fast enough. Cool on a wire rack.

:Smile:::bigsmile::thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back