DRM tools (2 Viewers)

Apr 13, 2012
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Euroyacht
Exp
1996, then break 'til 2011
Well anyone got any suggestions about DRM tools? Free and easy to use? Note FREE not stolen , or illegally downloaded.

Some days, I ask myself why do I bother!

You could always ask the Barclays 'Eagles' ':rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Sorry - couldn't resist

(y)(y)

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Seriously, never really thought about protecting video content - I just thought that it would be relatively easy. Certainly a eye opener to discover that it isn't.........

OP
OP
ShiftZZ

ShiftZZ

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2008
Dark Side of the Moon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
Seriously, never really thought about protecting video content - I just thought that it would be relatively easy. Certainly a eye opener to discover that it isn't.........
Virtually impossible, So I may spend days filming and editing for NOTHING. That's a project binned.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Their are so many DRM removing programs about, I think anything you try would be a waste of time. I have one on Calbre, it removes DRM from any books I download from Amazon. Which then enables me to read it on any ereader I care to use.

You don't have to be a pirate to use them, your only a pirate if you then copy them to other people, I don't.

Ian

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
What do you want it to protect?. If you are thinking of selling your drone video just edit a short clip and only give the full version when they pay or edit "sample " across the middle and have 2 versions.

David

Jan 24, 2010
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Exp
Since 2007
I guess the problem you have is that to effectively deploy DRM you need to be in control of replay media as well, which im guessing you wont

a few options...

• Burn it onto a DVD with copy protection on, a few programmes out there that you can do that with, but there are probably even more to crack it wide open!!
  • supply in on a USB and add copy protection i.e. Share the video via USB and the user can only View it. You cannot Save, Save As the vid. a bonus part is the USB stick can also be write protected so it can't be formatted. http://www.nexcopy.com/usb-copy-protection/
  • render the vid with a watermark in it
  • Make the file and executable - with something like this prog http://www.newsoftwares.net/copy-protect/

I think, in essence, what you want to do is not possible to the extent you may want to achieve!!

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
My experience of selling stuff with DRM has always caused me problems and more work. I much prefer to supply stuff DRM free, yes I used to get annoyed when I saw stuff I sold for £30 being shared on torrent sites, but I figured the bastards who stole it wouldn't have bought it anyway so my actual losses were zero, in fact you always seem to sell more when it's unlocked so even with the low-life stealing your stuff your earning more.

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988

I think, in essence, what you want to do is not possible to the extent you may want to achieve!!

I agree. The film industry has thrown millions into DRM. Anything they come up with is cracked within 24 hours. DRM will more than likely just frustrate the rightful owner and present no real hurdle for anyone wanting to copy it.

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Dave just put a big C copyright under a pink thong design just like the BBC and ITV do on Iplayer

Peter

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back