1. MotorhomeFun The best Motorhome Club in the World

Register to remove adverts Register Here

Welcome to Motorhome Fun

MotorhomeFun is a large community of motorhome and touring enthusiasts. Our website is the busiest of its kind. It serves as a meeting place for thousands of members who share their knowledge of motorhomes and travel, as well as arrange rallies in the UK, Europe and beyond.

It's easy to join us and takes just a minute

dresden and auchwitz

Discussion in 'MOTORHOME CHAT' started by Shuggy68, May 12, 2013.

1. Shuggy68

Shuggy68 Funster

Hi guys Thinking of doing 2 trips Dresden and auchwitz or The Hebrides.

First Dresden and Auchwitz. Has anybody done this trip, Any info would be appreciated.
    Second trip - Hebrides. Drive to Oban then get the Hopscotch ticket to Barra and drive up to the top of the Isle of Lewis. Has anybody done that. Again any info appreciated.
  2. hdvrod

hdvrod Funster

Very diverse trips!!!
  3. vwalan

vwalan Funster

hi .the dresden trip is a good one .we had a mate that lived at radebeul between dresden and meissen . dont forget you can visit colditz on the way . i was there in 99 when they found lots of tins under the potatoe store kleft over from the war . also eisonach for the waretburg museum .
    but follow the german cz /ploish border north see the big drag cranes removing the coal .there was 13 in a row last time i was there .and spreewold is nice .
    lovely trip . takes ages as its nice to go up the mosel river as well before you get there .
    have fun lots to see.
  4. SPUD'N'T

SPUD'N'T Funster

did the auchwitz trip when we were in Krakov, camp 1 is very moving and camp 2 is just what everybody imagines auchwitz to look like from the films/newsreel footage, it's not a pleasurable trip but i am glad i did it, while you are in the area please dont miss the salt mine. trips are easy to book anywhere in Krakov,and it is very impressive. my mate visits relatives in Dresden every year (he's there now) he tells me it is a great city to visit so it's on the list for our next German trip
  5. Jazzbow

Jazzbow Funster

We just got back from the Hebrides, did the same hopscotch as you. Fantastic wild camping on Berneray and also in south Uist. Disposal points and water supply at some of the ferry ports. Amazing campsite on Lewis, shame about the blizzard! We had a lovely time, it really is a getaway from it all kinda place.:thumb: