enery8

Free Member
Oct 11, 2012
Dorset
Funster No
MH
FFB Tabbert Classic 660
Exp
towing for 20 odd years but now have our first motorhome.
Thanks Bigfoot, I will register and let them know.:thumb:

catswhisker

Free Member
Jun 20, 2013
High Wycombe
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
I`m a newbie
Ordered full monty (skillet, poacher, recipe book, diffuser & toaster rack) at 10.55pm 27/06/2013. Decided to hold my breath till it arrives. Ordered oxygen tent today. Hope the tent arrives in time ! AAAaaaggghhh.

paulbailie

Free Member
Aug 1, 2013
lisburn northern ireland
Funster No
MH
pop top campervan
Exp
6mths
double skillet

ordered one about a week ago and had my money refunded by a Frances Foulds. Any body else sell them? Tks

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Armytwowheels

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
Oh dear, no, no one else sells them. She is so unreliable, such a shame as so many people want them.

enery8

Free Member
Oct 11, 2012
Dorset
Funster No
MH
FFB Tabbert Classic 660
Exp
Frances Foulds address

She may be out of stock or even closing the business. You could write to her at this address and ask the question.

D & F Promotions
The Barn
Stoneacre Farm
Matts Hill Rd (Near Hartlip)
Sittingborne
Kent
ME9 7XA

This is her email address
dandfpromotions@btconnect.com;

hope this helps

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
She may be out of stock or even closing the business. (snip)

D&F Promotions are on the exhibitors list for Malvern but not Lincoln so possibly that's right. I did hear a rumour earlier this year.

I see that the Online Shop on the web site is no longer available.

paulmold

Free Member
Jun 15, 2009
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
7 year (25yrs a tugger)
I looked earlier on the exhibitors list for Malvern because we were interested in the skillet but I can't see D&F on the list...

Link Removed

Scattycat

Free Member
Jan 3, 2013
Mayenne, France
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
Since 2010
We had a problem sometime ago when we ordered a double skillet to be delivered to a friend in the UK and after accepting the order they just returned the money with no explanation.

BUT, a couple of weeks ago our daughter in the UK ordered one for us and it arrived at her home yesterday.:thumb:

Apr 20, 2012
derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Camper van
Exp
1year 10 times
Intrigued what does the double skillet look like?
Have all the other gizmo's love the Remoska
Could someone post a picture please

enery8

Free Member
Oct 11, 2012
Dorset
Funster No
MH
FFB Tabbert Classic 660
Exp
Here is a demo of the double skillet in action. Hope this helps:Smile:
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CKHiabsDQKU"]Double Skillet - YouTube[/ame]

enery8

Free Member
Oct 11, 2012
Dorset
Funster No
MH
FFB Tabbert Classic 660
Exp
Many thanks enery8,sold to swimbo at next show.

I don't think she is doing the shows any more since her partner died last year. The last I heard someone ordered one from the website (www.doubleskillet.com) and later had their money returned by Frances. This may not mean you won't get one just that she has no stock. On the other hand she may have decided to pack up altogether. This is the last email address I have for her dandfpromotions@btconnect.com

Hope this helps

june123

Free Member
Jul 12, 2012
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Burstner A class 3 berth
Exp
since 2004 caravans before that
double skillet

Keep looking on ebay. They often turn up second hand. I bought one half price with a diffuser and it was in very good condition.

Dec 4, 2012
leicester
Funster No
MH
swift kontiki and vw cam
Exp
15yrs
double skillet at Lincoln steam rally

There has always been a stall selling these at the Lincoln steam rally which is on the 17/18th of this month but don't know if it is the same lady. I am going to the show so will look out for it. :thumb:

OP
OP
Armytwowheels

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
According to the exhibitor list the company are due to be at Malvern Show on 16- 18 August.

Zebadee

Free Member
Aug 2, 2013
Cotswolds
Funster No
MH
VW Trophy
Exp
I'm a Newbie
Double Skillet Ladies

Has anyone seen 'hide nor hare' of these people. I ordered a double skillet off their website sometime ago and have not heard anything since. I have emailed three times and left several messages on their answer service. Went to ring them again today only to find they have removed their contact number and the line is dead. Really really want a double skillet but they are terrible at communicating with their customers. :Angry:

I've been waiting ages for my double skillet also, sent them an E/Mail, but heard nothing!
been trying to find a contact no, but so far no joy, last I heard they were moving offices,
but not very good customer service is it?
Does anyone have any info about the company? they still have their website working so just hope that they are still trading.:Angry:

Zebadee

Free Member
Aug 2, 2013
Cotswolds
Funster No
MH
VW Trophy
Exp
I'm a Newbie
Double Skillet Ladies

Looks like someone got one yesterday. This has been posted on the Wild Camping forum only yesterday -

We originally ordered in Jan cheque was returned out of stock ordered again first week of April arrived this morning.
We have one we have had for 3 years I remember it took a while to come. Sandra (boss) rang at time and she answered and 3 days later it arrived. So this time we thought it would take 4 or 5 weeks and it

Well, I'm Glad that some one got theirs ok, I ordered one ages ago now, so just a case of waiting and having patience I suppose, not a very good advert for them though is it?:Angry:

Zebadee

Free Member
Aug 2, 2013
Cotswolds
Funster No
MH
VW Trophy
Exp
I'm a Newbie
skillet Ladies

Same here, ordered 26th April 2013. New address is D+F Promotions, The Barn, Stoneacre Farm, Matts Hill Road, Sittingborn, Kent, ME97XA. No phone No!:Angry:

Their phone would be red hot, I suspect, fed up customers wanting answers, or refunds,
May be a case for BBC watchdog prog!:Angry:

enery8

Free Member
Oct 11, 2012
Dorset
Funster No
MH
FFB Tabbert Classic 660
Exp
email address for Frances Foulds Double Skillet

Here is her email address, dandfpromotions@btconnect.com. I have contacted her on this address and had an answer when our double skillet was taking a long time to arrive.
There was a post recently where someone had there money returned so maybe there has been a problem. Worth sending an email to see what is happening.

Oct 3, 2012
Hastings
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since Oct 2012
Just thought I would update, Despite reading this thread I decided I really wanted a double skillet so ordered one regardless (paid by paypal so I had a chance of refund). It took two weeks but it arrived and looks great, We are going to practice with it at home first to get the hang, We got the full kit (Large skillet, diffuser and egg poacher):Smile:

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Once you have the skillet up to heat don't forget you only need a really low heat to cook on.

Sep 3, 2013
Crowthorne, Berkshire
Funster No
MH
1992 RMB Silver Star 670
Exp
One year. A whole one!
Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but anyone had any dealings with DS lately?

I took a chance on buying one from their website and paid by PayPal two weeks ago, but nothing.

I've dropped them an email to chase. They're not showing a phone number due to an office move, apparently.

Thinking this wasn't such a great idea after all. :Doh:

Oct 3, 2012
Hastings
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since Oct 2012
I ordered one about 5 weeks ago, it took just over two weeks to arrive, hang in there I'm sure it will come and we'll worth the wait, you have plenty of time yet with paypal to raise a dispute.

Oct 15, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
C Class Laika Ecovip 7R
Exp
I ordered one a few weeks ago and it arrived within a fortnight. :thumb:

gwyntaxi

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2009
,Swansea
Funster No
MH
hymer starline 655
Exp
42yearscaravanning&motorhoming
I spoke to one of their fellow stall-holders and it seems,they are no longer attending shows to sell the skillet or selling it by any other means,having bought a couple of these in the past,i can confirm they are a good product,but
don't last for ever,and then you find out as i did that their "after sales service" is NON-EXISTENT as I found out when I returned a skillet to them that was just not non-stick any longer,it took a number of letters and even the threat of media publicity and possibly ruining their sales demo at the shows,before they returned my skillet to me.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back