Dometic Fridge Woes (1 Viewer)

two

Aug 4, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
A-Class Fiat
How should I disconnect the module on the back of my fridge, so that I can test (or replace) it?

Something keeps frying the display/control panel on the front of my Dometic RMD 8505 fridge and I suspect it could be the HeaTec connection module that’s faulty.

I am unable to remove the 12V connectors (see pic). They seem to be gripping the spade terminals in a way that needs releasing first. I think that all three (Black,Purple,White) may need to come off together.

If anyone has achieved this, perhaps they could share the secret? Maybe my failing eyesight has missed something?

connectors Q1114622.jpeg

Jul 6, 2009
Funster No
The small peg sitting above the square hole at the top should lift up with a small flat blade screwdriver and the wires pull out?

OP
OP
two

two

Aug 4, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
A-Class Fiat
Thanks. I assume that is a (trying-to-be-helpful) guess?
I did try poking and levering those 'inviting' pegs, but to no avail (they are tiny).
If you've managed to do so, I'll be encouraged to give it another try.

Apr 27, 2016
Manchester
Funster No
MH
A class Hymer
Exp
Since the 80s
Sorry, I've not seen these connectors before - maybe there's an easy way to disconnect, or maybe they are the type that's not designed to be undone. If you really can't undo them, here's an alternative.

Snip through the wires, strip them back a few millimetres, and fit inline splice connectors. The type that has levers and can be undone. There are a few different types, but here's a good one. If you are concerned about straining the connectors, fit a strain relief carrier and tie wrap the wires.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

• Informative
Reactions: two

MichaelT

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 12, 2015
Colchester
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Esprit I7150 EB
Exp
Since 2016
Looks like maybe the wire needs lifting so its through the round hole so you can then pull it out. Maybe the wire is pushing against the holder..... or maybe not but worth a try?

Also looks like the pin on top needs lifting as already said above.

Last edited:

Jjwheels

Free Member
Apr 17, 2024
Funster No
MH
Knaus
How should I disconnect the module on the back of my fridge, so that I can test (or replace) it?

Something keeps frying the display/control panel on the front of my Dometic RMD 8505 fridge and I suspect it could be the HeaTec connection module that’s faulty.

I am unable to remove the 12V connectors (see pic). They seem to be gripping the spade terminals in a way that needs releasing first. I think that all three (Black,Purple,White) may need to come off together.

If anyone has achieved this, perhaps they could share the secret? Maybe my failing eyesight has missed something?

View attachment 849260
Hi there, just wondering if/how you managed to release the 12v connectors on your control module, I'm having the same issue, any help would be appreciated? Thanks.

Jjwheels

Free Member
Apr 17, 2024
Funster No
MH
Knaus

View attachment 849260

Apr 27, 2016
Manchester
Funster No
MH
A class Hymer
Exp
Since the 80s
Hi there, just wondering if/how you managed to release the 12v connectors on your control module, I'm having the same issue, any help would be appreciated? Thanks.
I can't say I know exactly how to do it, but I have come across spade terminals that have a kind of spring locking clip in the middle of the terminal, that needs to be pressed in to allow the spade to be released. I'd try a thin screwdriver maybe.

Bustup15

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 25, 2018
Durham
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs I 7820-2
Exp
New to motorhomes 2019
My memory must be failing. I have done this and remember it was awkward to release but once out it was obvious.

Does the complete module not come out as one piece with the 3 wires connected?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jjwheels

Free Member
Apr 17, 2024
Funster No
MH
Knaus
Thanks for the info, ended up damaging the connector, so have re-terminated the cables with standard spade connectors. Although now I have no spark, so have introduced a cable issue somewhere, unless new unit is faulty. So back to the investigations..!!!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back