Dog trollies for bikes recommendation needed (1 Viewer)

Dec 16, 2017
Almuñécar, Spain
Funster No
MH
Low Profile - Globebus T7
Has anyone got any recommendations or advice regarding a dog trolley to tow behind a bike, please?

We are looking to get one for Nico who is around 10kg and would like one which is foldable or easily packed into the garage. Ideally with the ability to be hooked (clipped?) easily between two of our bikes.

Any advice please?

Dec 31, 2021
Funster No
MH
Adria matrix supreme
Buddy rider also , keeps the weight of the dog central on the bike, the sit in front of you over the crossbar, we have a mounting bracket on each bike so the rider is easily swapped, just a pin and a clip to swap from bike to bike

PP Bear

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 5, 2013
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Dakota SE
Exp
Sorry, I read that as dog grollies….🤷🏼‍♂️🤦🏼‍♂️

IMG_3130.jpeg

Apr 22, 2018
Herts.
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral lowline
Burley tail wagon. Brilliant bit of kit. I’ve really abused mine and it takes it. Only weighs 11kg, but can take a big dog. Possibly overkill for you though.

I’d much prefer a bike mounted carrier, handle bar, or cross bar , but our dog is too big for that.

IMG_2675.jpegIMG_9716.jpege03a31bc-ed4d-4812-b55d-25b38862a082.jpeg

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
DoggyRide

Not a cheap trailer but you get what you pay for .. plenty on the market and look for second hand ..

A ride along the Mosel .. Milo and Bella and daughter pulling it

Mar 21, 2015
notts
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 2010
Pawhut bicycle pet trailer for us.
Decent price and quality and as a bonus our dog loves to ride in it

All the best

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
I use a doggyhut trailer for my pooch. He's not entirely happy in it but tolerates it.
They frequently come up on eBay as many dogs don't take to them at all so there's quite a high turnover of them.

Sep 26, 2014
Ashford kent
Funster No
MH
Pilote Reference
Exp
2002 15 years
Has anyone got any recommendations or advice regarding a dog trolley to tow behind a bike, please?

We are looking to get one for Nico who is around 10kg and would like one which is foldable or easily packed into the garage. Ideally with the ability to be hooked (clipped?) easily between two of our bikes.

Any advice please?

Jan 11, 2013
E Mids
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
Since 2010
I tried various trollies with my Springer Spaniel and an electric bike using friends trailers and found the dog much prefered the open trailer rather than an enclosed one so in the end went with the following....

Not only was it structurally sound but also less than half the price of any other.
The towing arm can be removable by using a pin as can the wheels. The plastic container is easy to wash and takes a cage dog bed folded in half but we also put a pillow in the front for the dog to rest her head on when not sitting up to see who is about.

On problem I found was with the wheel axles as they have reverse hand thread - so take care when fitting. (I have spare nuts if you ever need them)
I used Lynch pins to fit the wheel axles and tow bar as it only takes second to remove them....

see

For the hitch I bought the following and yes did buy a pack if 3 as they were nigh on as cheap as one and gave me the opportunity to make a mistake fitting ! Also subsequently they do wear if not kept clean so a spare is worthwhile...

If you go down this route and need help fitting things drop me a line....its easy, but more so AFTER you have done it :)

Dec 3, 2021
Surrey, UK
Funster No
MH
6m Campervan
We have a Pawhut. Making its way around andalucia at the moment. Works really well. Dog weighs 14kg. He loves it. Only comes with one bike attachment which fixes to the bike axle point though. I'm sure you could get a second from pawhut

IMG-20240227-WA0006.jpeg

Aug 4, 2020
Funster No
MH
Peugot Boxer
Exp
Buddy rider also , keeps the weight of the dog central on the bike, the sit in front of you over the crossbar, we have a mounting bracket on each bike so the rider is easily swapped, just a pin and a clip to swap from bike to bike

We have this one.
Just upgraded to a larger one as got an extra dog.
Very robust and does the job really well
Can let you have the other for free if you want it.
we had 2x 8 kilo dogs in

View attachment 869477
Hi I would purchase this off you please if it doesn’t go 👍🏻

Jan 11, 2023
Whitby, UK
Funster No
MH
Bailey Alliance 76-4
Exp
Since 2021

Any advice please?
Doggyride for us. Not cheap but well made. Simple attachment makes swapping between bikes easy. Wheels are detachable and it can fold down. The dog loved standing up with her head out & elbows on the roof directing operations from the rear.

Oct 14, 2022
West Sussex, UK
Funster No
MH
bailey autograph 692
Exp

Any advice
1709219278508.jpeg
We have this one for a 10 kg cockapoo she fits in fine it’s the trixie version well made and come to pieces and packs quite small .only consideration is the type of axel you have on your bikes as this requires a more traditional thread and bolt style to easily fix the bracket . You can purchase additional bracket so one for each bike .

Nov 26, 2014
Never on the wrong road ......
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since 2014, before that 20 years of boating & caravanning
We've got a dog buggy & tried it out with our new pup today - did not go well at all 🐾☹️we'll keep trying but wondering if a doggy rucksack might work better, if anyone uses one? She weighs just under 10 kgs

Ridgeway

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 10, 2012
Lausanne
Funster No
MH
NiBi Arto 85E
Exp
Since 2012
We've got a dog buggy & tried it out with our new pup today - did not go well at all 🐾☹️we'll keep trying but wondering if a doggy rucksack might work better, if anyone uses one? She weighs just under 10 kgs

Plenty of good tips on get dogs used to a trailer, best one is to have the trailer with all wheels, bars etc off and use it in the house as a kennel, dog to choose when he/she wants to go in and out. All of ours have taken well to trailers after some familiarisation. Keep at it and just use common dog sense 👍🏻

Aug 27, 2018
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Niesmann and B Smove
Exp
Since 2018
Ours were ok after we kept feeding treats every time they went in.
They do get used to it and now willingly jump in.

Feb 10, 2024
Gloucestershire, UK
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker

Any advice please?
We got one of these for our Cockapoo. Not the best picture but hopefully you’ll get the idea!

425AC79F-5CFE-4829-B783-6EF9CF352225.png

OP
OP
Burgo
Dec 16, 2017
Almuñécar, Spain
Funster No
MH
Low Profile - Globebus T7
Thank you to everyone who replied - some great advice and options. We're kind of focused on something like the Pawhut / Trixie model for a balance of "bang per buck" and have taken feed back from a few others on sites over the last week. Purchase has, however, just slipped back as (1) Nico went down with bloat while we were near Rincón de Victoria and has racked up a vets bill of nearly €200 and (2) the festering plastic bodied Reisch kitchen tap has cracked at the bottom bit where the spout plugs in so that will need replacing unless I can dry it out enough to araldite.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back