Cold Turkey anyone? Check your roaming destinations! (1 Viewer)

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Got a frantic call yesterday from my friend, her hubby has gone to Turkey for a couple of weeks with a buddy (she won't fly) and couldn't make calls back to the UK, no texts or data. He was confused as he has an ID monthly contract sim and had used the phone when he was in Greece with no problems. As his wife isn't tech savvy she didn't know how to sort it hence her calling me.

Unfortunately he hadn't checked the roaming destinations included in his contract and I discovered that Turkey isn't one of them. He can of course add a payment option for out of contract expenses but at Ā£2.40 a minute!!! šŸ˜³

As he has mild dementia so would forget and try to use the internet etc I suggested she just tell him he'll have to go cold turkey! šŸ˜†

Mar 30, 2019
Cardiff, UK
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2016
Switzerland often catches people out too as it's not an EU country. Some carriers included it and some don't.

OP
OP
Minxy

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Switzerland often catches people out too as it's not an EU country. Some carriers included it and some don't.
Yes, I'm with Talkmobile and got my sim last year so it's included but they changed it on 14 March so anyone who got a sim recently won't get it.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back