Cleaning grey waste pipes/tank (1 Viewer)

markh

Free Member
Jun 4, 2014
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Lots
Thanks to whoever recommended coca cola for cleaning pipes and tank, saw it on here somewhere, I poured 20 litres of tesco cola through and it's cleaned tons of grease and soap out and the sink drains like new

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
yippee another Gray water thread I use cologne then finish off with lots of water
bill

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jun 17, 2012
North Essex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
>12 but <13
:Eeek::Eeek:20 litres??

I looked at that but perhaps the tank was thirsty?
Seriously though, would 1 or 2 litres slosh around enough to clean? I have put a couple in and certainly got rid of the vile smell for a while but perhaps 20 litres is sensible, after all, my tank holds 100 litres.
Tesco cola at present, 3 x 2 litres for £1.30 so not a vast amount of money compared to a branded cleaning product?

OP
OP
M

markh

Free Member
Jun 4, 2014
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Lots
It was diet coke and i used ten 2 litre bottles, that cost 17p each from Tesco - total cost £1.70

Oct 20, 2013
South Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Yes
Seriously though, would 1 or 2 litres slosh around enough to clean? I have put a couple in and certainly got rid of the vile smell for a while but perhaps 20 litres is sensible, after all, my tank holds 100 litres.
Tesco cola at present, 3 x 2 litres for £1.30 so not a vast amount of money compared to a branded cleaning product?

Perhaps you should try drinking some :whistle:

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
Ther's a few people down here in Portugal that ought to reading this thread. Some of the vans I have been near when dumping their Gray waste have an unbelievable pong. :-(
Makes you wonder sometimes how long they go without cleaning the tank out.

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Ther's a few people down here in Portugal that ought to reading this thread. Some of the vans I have been near when dumping their Gray waste have an unbelievable pong. :-(

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough

It had never crossed my mind to clean out my tanks, we have black and grey, both end with a decent rush of air and I had hoped they were clean enough at that

We do have the odd odour issue that I overcome with a dose of washing liquid down all plug holes and toilet

Maybe I should do more cleaning, out of sight out of mind? :)

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp

Ooooops Sorry about that folks don't know how that other post got sent. :)

Nov 6, 2013
S. Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
The usual
Exp
Since the beginning
That's the wife valentines present sorted then (y)

Jun 17, 2012
North Essex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
>12 but <13
Perhaps you should try drinking some :whistle:

Oh we are in an acidic mood today Dawn, perhaps you could use some of that to clean my tank :reel::reel:

That's the wife valentines present sorted then (y)

You going to get her a vile smell ?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back