Cheap 4g Mifi ... grab one while you can!!! (5 Viewers)

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
As I know lots of people want to be able to use mobile broadband when out in their van I thought I'd post this.

I've just bought a new Huawei E5776 mobile broadband MIFI from Currys/PC World for £29.99 plus £15.99 a month with EE (giving 3gb) on a 30 day rolling notice account. As I have no intention of keeping the contract, I've cancelled it so the MIFI, even if I get charged for the first month, will still only be £44.98 ... as the cheapest you can get is at least £89, this is half the normal price. The only other expense was to buy an unlock code off Ebay for the MIFI, which I did for the princely sum of 99p!!! I unlocked it and am now using it with my Three sim instead.

This E5776 MIFI allows up to 10 separate pieces of equipment to connect to it (computer, laptop, ipad, tablet etc etc) at the same time and is the fastest one on the market. It is able to use the new 4g network (we're getting it here next year) but in the meantime is a high-speed 3g one. (NB: don't get the E5756 by mistake as this is ONLY 3g!).

I've got it because our contract with our current provider, Three, expires tomorrow, but it will just roll on as it is if we don't cancel it which we wont especially since, at just over £8 a month for 15gb it is a no brainer to stay with them (we get a 50% loyalty discount which isn't offered now!). However we do suffer from it being slow where we are and in order to get a newer MIFI to improve things a bit they wanted to charge us an extra £5 to £13 a month (depending on who we talked to!) but that was for the Huawai E586 MIFI which is NOT 4g and would tie us in for 24 months so we'd be stuck with 3g even though 4g is coming our way! Consequently I decided to do some research yesterday and today and after quite a bit of 'hunting' to see what was out there, I found the deal on the E5776 so quickly plumped for that as they are selling like hot-cakes!

So, if you want one get yourself onto the PC world or . and grab one quick (reserve and collect in store only) - they've already all gone from round these 'er parts and I doubt there'll be any left nationally after this weekend. I don't think 'EE' realised what they'd done when they set up this 'deal' ... lots of people seem to be doing what I've done ... just cancelling the contract immediately. You MUST make sure you get the right 'deal' in the first place though which is the 'monthly' 3gb one with 30 days notice, don't make the mistake of buying anything else! I did ask the chap at EE when I cancelled if I definitely owned the MIFI and he said I did so they can't ask for it back, and the contract definitely is only for a rolling 30 days each time, so no problem there either. The sim will stay active for the 30 day period and then will stop working now I've cancelled the contract, so I've got an extra 3gb to use this month, on top of my 15gb, so hubby will be bashing the gb with stuff he wants to download to get our money's worth out of it!!!

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
Me too. Sounds like a bargain. No idea how it works though, it's all Greek to me! Looks like I'll have to read up on it
Allan

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

grumps147

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 6, 2010
St.Helens
Funster No
MH
Between
Exp
MH 12 yrs -Tent/Caravan 49 years
Ordered, sold out in some places in near region, but still available in both currys and pcworld locally. Do you have details of the site you got the unlock code from please?

Last edited:
Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
Was looking for a new one, got it TA :thumb:

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
No stock at Newark, :Sad: (we are at Broonfools for the weekend), but one reserved at P/boro, for collection from home tomorrow. :thumb:

Thanks Minx. :winky:

Cheers,

Jock.

P.S. Where does the contract bit come in, if only paying £29 at the shop. Is it done upon registration?

Last edited:
Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
Is there an external antenna connection, or is it not needed ??

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
Seems like a lot of extra work to me. Why not just teather your three phone 13 pound a month sim 4G unlimited wifi.

M

Madwife

Deleted User
Just ordered one and we are off to Aberystwyth to collect it!

Kath

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Seems like a lot of extra work to me. Why not just teather your three phone 13 pound a month sim 4G unlimited wifi.

Me too, never had a problem tethering my Nokia windows phone to my ipad, and I am only on a bog standard O2 £14 a month contract, haven't got anywhere near 15 gig , I know, but plenty for what I need::bigsmile:

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
thats fine if you have a 3 phone but many, like me, just want a basic phone to make calls and text's.

That's not strictly true if you are thinking of a dongle thingy you must be wanting data too, so why not have it all in one thing:thumb:

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
Got the last one in Donny PC World - they had to rob Currys for it. They had 20 odd in stock at Sheffield Meadowhall should anyone be interested. :thumb:

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
I would have thought so once its unlocked but you would then need to buy a sim for the counrty/area you were visiting.

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
thats fine if you have a 3 phone but many, like me, just want a basic phone to make calls and text's.
That includes me too, as I don't normally carry a mobile phone, and a second hand PAYG smart phone just for the data access, was going to cost in excess of £250. :whatthe: The latest MiFi will do me for now thanks. :thumb:

Cheers,

Jock.

mid4did

Free Member
Sep 29, 2012
N.somerset
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp R 655 GT
Exp
started in a minivan 1970's when I could fit into it.
Just ordered one at pc world Weston-s-mare,none left at currys next door.
thanks.:thumb:

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Gone and done it paid for collected it now on charge
Just got to off hire contract in morning or monday
Peter, I did ask earlier, but didn't get any replies.
JockandRita said:
P.S. Where does the contract bit come in, if only paying £29 at the shop. Is it done upon registration?
Can you tell me what you did to set up, and will have to do to cancel the contract please?

Cheers,

Jock.

SandJ

Free Member
Sep 14, 2007
North Yorks
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Too long lol
You have to sign up for a direct debit 30 day rolling contract, then cancel it. Hope mine is sorted as the store was a nightmare :thumb:

Best place for an Antenna is? eBay?

Last edited:
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Can someone explain to me in simple language why this is better than a phone, if you take your sim out of your phone how do you use your phone or do have to pay for two contracts.
Never had any problem connecting with my phone even in Europe, although admitted do have to pay more there.::bigsmile:

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
You have to sign up for a direct debit 30 day rolling contract, then cancel it. Hope mine is sorted as the store was a nightmare :thumb:

Best place for an Antenna is? eBay?
I know that thanks Steve, but is it done at the store when you pick up the MiFi, or is it done by online registration?

Cheers,

Jock.

SandJ

Free Member
Sep 14, 2007
North Yorks
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Too long lol
I know that thanks Steve, but is it done at the store when you pick up the MiFi, or is it done by online registration?

Cheers,

Jock.

At the store Jock you take it out there and then, mine cocked up the first try then put wrong contract on second try. Gave the wrong sim so I had to go back overall store was a nightmare. Contacted EE about cancelling and the lady assured me it was all sorted, you have to take out another contract if you decide later to re-apply the 30 day rolling contract.

Hope that explains mate:thumb:

Can someone explain to me in simple language why this is better than a phone, if you take your sim out of your phone how do you use your phone or do have to pay for two contracts.
Never had any problem connecting with my phone even in Europe, although admitted do have to pay more there.

The mifi is like modem which is portable and you can attach your internet phones as well as your laptop :thumb:

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
At the store Jock you take it out there and then, mine cocked up the first try then put wrong contract on second try. Gave the wrong sim so I had to go back overall store was a nightmare. Contacted EE about cancelling and the lady assured me it was all sorted, you have to take out another contract if you decide later to re-apply the 30 day rolling contract.

Hope that explains mate:thumb:
Thanks pal, that explains it nicely. :thumb: I must remember to take a my T-Mobile sim card with me, ie, with me not being phone savvy at all, I would have gone without it. :Doh:

Cheers,

Jock.

Addie

Trader - Motorhome Wifi
Oct 15, 2011
York
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
These are perfect for use with our (Full Size) EuropaSIM - unlimited data anywhere in Europe for £2.56 (€3) a day:
Link Removed

As a special offer to funsters, I will unlock your Huawei E5776 free of charge if a EuropaSIM is purchased from us :thumb:

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
These are perfect for use with our (Full Size) EuropaSIM - unlimited data anywhere in Europe for £2.56 (€3) a day:
Link Removed

As a special offer to funsters, I will unlock your Huawei E5776 free of charge if a EuropaSIM is purchased from us :thumb:
Thanks Adam.

I'm going to wait to see what the situation is in 2014, with regards to EU roaming costs proposals, by OFCOM.

Cheers,

Jock.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back