Chausson flash 03 battery problem/electric relais (1 Viewer)

Oct 25, 2023
Funster No
MH
Chausson flash 03
Hi all
We have a flash 03 and having problems with the start battery that runs empty (in about 3 days). What we ruled out
  • battery is new, tested and ok
  • car system is checked by garage, no leakage there

We have a solar system placed extra, conneced directly true a victron mppt to the camperbattery. Since then the orange control led on display says empty startbattery but for 2 years no problem for starting.

I wonder is there a relais between the system? And where? What wires? I haven't got a diagram...

And ideas
Thanks a lot
Greetings from belgium

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
Hi Yoeri welcome,

I am not familiar with your van set up but at least this reply will bump your post and you may get a response from someone who can help.

Feb 24, 2020
Dorset
Funster No
MH
Chausson Flash 02
Exp
Total newbie
Hi Yoeri

I tried emailing this wiring diagram but kept it bouncing back. Hopefully this one will upload here.

Firstly I'm not an expert on the electrics though through luck and determination I managed to sort out my issues. There is a relay between the distribution box and the cab battery which is situated either behind the driver or passenger seat . I'm assuming you have the cbe-ds300 box with fuses so i have attached the manual for this as well in case you need it? More detailed drawings can been found online depending on the base van (ford fiat etc).

If the battery is ok and there is no problems or no leaks with the cab electrics, then it all points to the solar installation, but I don't know enough about solar to comment on why it will be discharging your cab battery. I changed my CBE charging unit in my Chausson but I recall there was a second connection for the charging the cab battery when on EHU. This is where I'd start looking.

Good luck

Chris

Attachments

• flash 02 GB(1).pdf
    206.6 KB · Views: 30
  • PC100_PC200_DS300_ENcircuits.pdf
    1.6 MB · Views: 23
OP
OP
Y
Oct 25, 2023
Funster No
MH
Chausson flash 03
Hi Yoeri

I tried emailing this wiring diagram but kept it bouncing back. Hopefully this one will upload here.

Firstly I'm not an expert on the electrics though through luck and determination I managed to sort out my issues. There is a relay between the distribution box and the cab battery which is situated either behind the driver or passenger seat . I'm assuming you have the cbe-ds300 box with fuses so i have attached the manual for this as well in case you need it? More detailed drawings can been found online depending on the base van (ford fiat etc).

If the battery is ok and there is no problems or no leaks with the cab electrics, then it all points to the solar installation, but I don't know enough about solar to comment on why it will be discharging your cab battery. I changed my CBE charging unit in my Chausson but I recall there was a second connection for the charging the cab battery when on EHU. This is where I'd start looking.

Good luck

Chris
Thanks for the tip and schemes! The cab electrics should be good so the solar system or relay seem the most logical

Grtz Yoeri

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back