Carthago shower question (1 Viewer)

Oct 4, 2018
Funster No
MH
Carthago C-Tourer
Exp
Not so new now
I’ve just swapped my old AutoSleepers van for a Carthago C Tourer. I’m very pleased with it but on first trying the shower it’s very difficult to get a steady temperature, it changes from hot to cold in a matter of seconds. Are there any Carthago owners out there who can offer advice on how to cure this?

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
All the gear, and no idea!
I’ve just swapped my old AutoSleepers van for a Carthago C Tourer. I’m very pleased with it but on first trying the shower it’s very difficult to get a steady temperature, it changes from hot to cold in a matter of seconds. Are there any Carthago owners out there who can offer advice on how to cure this?
Sorry can’t help with that other than our carthago shower is both steady and temperature constant, only thing is with ours is since I replaced the shurflo it pulses very slightly when having a hot shower

Upvote 0
Apr 9, 2022
Funster No
MH
Cathargo
Exp
On our previous van we had a similar issue, It was the Alde boiler Air cushion:

Extract from the Alde manual

"The heating system is designed to have an air space, called an air cushion, at the top of the tank. This air cushion is
essential for absorbing pressure surges in the heating system. Always renew the air cushion in the heating system
after 10 days of use.
This can be done by opening the safety/drain valve on the heating system for a few second.
The air cushion allows expansion to take place and helps protect the heating system against pressure surges from the
water pump.
NOTICE
To maintain the air cushion, always renew the air
cushion in the heating system after 10 days of use."

Not sure if yours is Truma though

Upvote 0
Oct 31, 2017
Kent
Funster No
MH
Carthago T149
Exp
Since 2016
That is interesting as our water pulses, Ill try the air cushion thing.

PS. Shower is fine, although you do only need to move the tap a slight amount. Once you have the water running you only need to move the tap in 5mm increments to adjust me thinks.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Broadway
Oct 4, 2018
Funster No
MH
Carthago C-Tourer
Exp
Not so new now
Thank you all for your replies. Yes it’s a Truma on mine, I’ll try opening the tap a less amount as it is a forceful flow when pressing the trigger on the shower head, perhaps too much for the mixer to cope with.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
All the gear, and no idea!
AdrianChen does the alde have to be ON be it water or heating when you open the valve for a few seconds?
Never did the air cushion before and with the old shurflo pump never had the surge, but I’ll try the dump, see if it works👍

Upvote 1

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
AdrianChen does the alde have to be ON be it water or heating when you open the valve for a few seconds?
Never did the air cushion before and with the old shurflo pump never had the surge, but I’ll try the dump, see if it works👍
Westy's having a 'dump'! :rofl:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back