1. MotorhomeFun The best Motorhome Club in the World

Register to remove adverts Register Here

Welcome to Motorhome Fun

MotorhomeFun is a large community of motorhome and touring enthusiasts. Our website is the busiest of its kind. It serves as a meeting place for thousands of members who share their knowledge of motorhomes and travel, as well as arrange rallies in the UK, Europe and beyond.

It's easy to join us and takes just a minute

Carrying passengers

Discussion in 'MOTORHOME CHAT' started by combi, Mar 26, 2013.

1. combi

combi

My van which is described as a 4 berth but there are only the drivers and passengers seats with seat belts. Before I take my small grandchildren away is there any way of fitting child seats in the van.Just wondering what everyone else does.

Thanks

cakeboy
  2. Phill D

Phill D Funster

theres much on this subject of 4 berth with only 2 belted seats.:Sad:

kind of difficult question, i guess it depends on your layout and van model how you could safely anchor the child seats. side facing seats even in a child seat secured might not be a good idea.

theres probably someone who has a suitable safe solution.:thumb:
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2013
  3. SandJ

SandJ Funster

4. Reallyretired

Reallyretired Funster

When my kids were small, and rear seat belts in motorhomes hadn't been invented, I fitted a child seat to a lap belt fixed to a steel frame bolted through the floor on a rearward facing seat.
    It was obviously not crash tested but I reckoned it was pretty safe. This was in a van with seven berths and only two seatbelts.
    Modern vans do tend to have the same number of berths and seatbelts, with some exceptions/.