Captains seat in N/B Flair 3000i need help (1 Viewer)

tonyandcarol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2016
Spilsby Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Niesman bischoff Fla
Exp
since 2005
Hi all
I can't find any info on the seat base operation and where to get the replacements cables that operate the up and down mechanism. They are similar to brake cables on a push bike. Any help would be appreciated.

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
Hi all
I can't find any info on the seat base operation and where to get the replacements cables that operate the up and down mechanism. They are similar to brake cables on a push bike. Any help would be appreciated.
I cant help with that one mine are air but another one for funflair or JockandRita

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
I'll go out, raise one of ours Tony, and come back to you, although I reckon the seats and the hydraulic raised bases, are from separate manufacturers.

Back shortly. :)

Jock. :)

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Sorry Tony, no manufacturers labels or part numbers for either of the rising frames. :(

The seats are as I mentioned on Saturday, ie, Sportscraft, and fitted to the VW Caravelle, Transporter, and T4/T5 series campervans, but as to the rising frames, that's another subject altogether.

If you have kept the end connections, maybe taking the inner cable to a bike shop might prove fruitful. (y)

Good luck with it,

Oct 9, 2019
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
FUNSTER in a PVC
Maybe post a few photos and we can search the websites

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
tonyandcarol

tonyandcarol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2016
Spilsby Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Niesman bischoff Fla
Exp
since 2005
I'll go out, raise one of ours Tony, and come back to you, although I reckon the seats and the hydraulic raised bases, are from separate manufacturers.

Back shortly. :)
Sorry Tony, no manufacturers labels or part numbers for either of the rising frames. :(

The seats are as I mentioned on Saturday, ie, Sportscraft, and fitted to the VW Caravelle, Transporter, and T4/T5 series campervans, but as to the rising frames, that's another subject altogether.

If you have kept the end connections, maybe taking the inner cable to a bike shop might prove fruitful. (y)

Good luck with it,

Jock.
Hi Jock the seat bases have alko kober on mine. But I think you are right take the unbroken cable to a bike shop and ask them to make a couple.

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
I never had any bother with ours so no experience but I would say they are just a cable so you should be able to get some made up at a cycle/motorcycle place, you could try asking the spares department at Polch and see if they give you any pointers.

Ukbandit

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 8, 2014
Barnsley, UK
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker
Exp
Since 2012
I never had any bother with ours so no experience but I would say they are just a cable so you should be able to get some made up at a cycle/motorcycle place, you could try asking the spares department at Polch and see if they give you any pointers.
I don’t think a motorcycle shop will be any good, cable brakes went out when Adam was a lad, your just showing your age now Martin.😂😂

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Hi Jock the seat bases have alko kober on mine.
Do you mean the swivel base Tony, or the rising frame base? I couldn't find any reference whatsoever.

What I can tell you though, is that having had to remove Rita's seat to get at the warning sensor, which kept going off when travelling, there was a clear need for lubrication on moving parts, especially those which locate and lock together. I did the rails and swivel base too, which all made a big difference when raising and swiveling into position, then lowering to lock into the driving position. (y)

Cheers,

Sep 9, 2019
Runcorn
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Apache 632
Exp
Since Sept 2019
Shop for Bowden cables?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
I don’t think a motorcycle shop will be any good, cable brakes went out when Adam was a lad, your just showing your age now Martin.😂😂
I might be a bit back in the dark ages to be fair but are clutches still cable? anyway there must still be some decent mechanics about for the older bikes ;)

The Coops

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 8, 2019
The Fylde
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact DL
Exp
Yes, thank you
Cycle repair shop, brake repair kit, length of cable and solderless nipples less than a £5 Once fitted you could solder the ends to be doubly sure

Ukbandit

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 8, 2014
Barnsley, UK
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker
Exp
Since 2012
I might be a bit back in the dark ages to be fair but are clutches still cable? anyway there must still be some decent mechanics about for the older bikes ;)
Usually the cheap Chinese makes will still use cables for clutches, and if you can find a classic spares shop you’ll get them but they are few and far between, EBay will be the place to go, but getting one made to a length will be a problem.

OP
OP
tonyandcarol

tonyandcarol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2016
Spilsby Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Niesman bischoff Fla
Exp
since 2005
Thanks all for all your help. I have ordered the cable and can make my own up as the one which had broke had been replaced at some time the same way.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back