Can I take it apart? (1 Viewer)

Dec 30, 2015
Bury
Funster No
MH
Pilote G650L
Exp
Three years
I have a Pilote G650L, 2017 registered. I'm trying to decide whether I can take apart the bench seat that is on the UK offside, with the battery underneath. I suppose it's a general question really. On a Pilote can these things be taken apart simply by removing screws or will I come up against some sort of glued construction that will resist all attempts to prise it apart without splitting panels or worse. Or will it have been assembled in a way that is impossible to reverse because it was done whilst it was just a chassis sitting in the factory? Can anyone relate their experience on this subject? TIA.

OP
OP
acropolis22
Dec 30, 2015
Bury
Funster No
MH
Pilote G650L
Exp
Three years
It was part of my New Years resolution to learn to play banjo. Itā€™s not going too well šŸ¤£

I have messaged Adam to respond to your question šŸ˜€
At least you had a resolution..... :rolleyes: Thanks for messaging Adam. (y)

Jamesh

Free Member
Jun 28, 2020
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
Caravaning since 2010
I have a Pilote G650L, 2017 registered. I'm trying to decide whether I can take apart the bench seat that is on the UK offside, with the battery underneath. I suppose it's a general question really. On a Pilote can these things be taken apart simply by removing screws or will I come up against some sort of glued construction that will resist all attempts to prise it apart without splitting panels or worse. Or will it have been assembled in a way that is impossible to reverse because it was done whilst it was just a chassis sitting in the factory? Can anyone relate their experience on this subject? TIA.
Why would you do it??

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
acropolis22
Dec 30, 2015
Bury
Funster No
MH
Pilote G650L
Exp
Three years
Why would you do it??
Trying to fit a USB socket to a panel that will not allow access to drill the hole.......... Hell of a faff just to fit an extra socket, but I want to do the job properly. Don't mind taking it all apart, but not if it's going to end in disaster. :giggle:

Janine

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
A little bit left of Middle England
Funster No
MH
2006 A/S Nuevo
Exp
since 1988
AdamH Are you there? šŸ™‚
He was playing with cows yesterday - life working on a campsite is very varied šŸ¤£

He did tell me that it should come apart easily and you can get to the screwheads by pealing back stickers, if that makes sense? His Pilote is a bit older than yours but he has taken most of it apart at one time or another to install gizmos.

C8B5012D-3AF5-472E-AAC0-08542EF47835.jpeg

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
acropolis22
Dec 30, 2015
Bury
Funster No
MH
Pilote G650L
Exp
Three years
He was playing with cows yesterday - life working on a campsite is very varied šŸ¤£

He did tell me that it should come apart easily and you can get to the screwheads by pealing back stickers, if that makes sense? His Pilote is a bit older than yours but he has taken most of it apart at one time or another to install gizmos.

View attachment 604144
So the campsite has serviced pitches with fresh milk on tap?
Thanks for passing on his message. I'll go for it. Just wanted to hear it wasn't a no-no.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back