1. MotorhomeFun The best Motorhome Club in the World

Register to remove adverts Register Here

Welcome to Motorhome Fun

MotorhomeFun is a large community of motorhome and touring enthusiasts. Our website is the busiest of its kind. It serves as a meeting place for thousands of members who share their knowledge of motorhomes and travel, as well as arrange rallies in the UK, Europe and beyond.

It's easy to join us and takes just a minute

Campsites near Calais

Discussion in 'CONTINENTAL TOURING' started by ceebee, Aug 16, 2008.

1. ceebee

ceebee

Can anyone recommend a campsite near Calais, we are travelling by Euro Tunnel and arrive in Calais about 4.30pm, and don't want to travel to far on the first couple of nights. It will be our first venture abroad so are real novices, Many thanks in advance:thumb:
  2. Diabalo

Diabalo Funster

Ceebee

This july we stayed at Camp site Les Erables at Escalles it's eighteen minutes from Calais port and 10 mins from city europe just right for an over night.

Hope this helps
  3. superk

superk Funster

Give this one a try (Chateau Gandspette) I don't think you'll be disappointed - used by lots of Brits coming off or returning to ferry:

Château du Gandspette

:Smile:
    Keith
  4. Gonewiththewind

Gonewiththewind Funster

Why bother with camp sites at £20+ per night. Get your hands on "All the Aires in France". I had 3 weeks 2 in France and 1 in Spain. And Spain was the only place I paid site feesbn£150. You will be amazed at where the French overnight, all for free. I have just got back from my first Euro Tour. Loved every mile. My last night Thursday14/08/ 08 was at the side of a canal overlooking all the barges etc, and no one batted and eyelid. France is a very Motorhome friendly nation, Laybyes, services, Ive even seen them park up against a a garden wall.
    The only hastle I had was the british customs, didnt want to believe that I had been touring on my own in a Motorhome. Bloody stripped my van down, and as I said to them, all for three bottles of Rum.:Rofl1:

So go and enjoy.:thumb: