Deceased RIP
Jul 8, 2011
New Brighton, Wirral
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
Since July 2011
I would like to ask if any one has had any dealings with Campbells of Preston?:Angry:
We purchased a 2004 CI Carioca 10 from them middle of June. On collection the salesman pointed out a fault with the electrical control panel and told us a new one was on order. Since then we have found other 'faults' which we have told them about. One being very serious (oven ventilation) I won't go into detail in this post but we are still waiting for them to rectify them.
What I would like is some indication as to whether this is their normal aftersales service and do I need to get legally heavy with them?
Thanks

Ian

tommytli

Funster
May 26, 2009
lancashire
Funster No
MH
coach built
Exp
since july 07
ive not dealt with campbells so cant comment on them, i do know under the sales of goods act that you have to give them ample time to rectify the problem before you can take them down the "not fit for purpose route" i know because ive just got a brand new motorhome this way. i think the best thing to do is go see them have another chat and set a date for them to get the parts needed and advise them you will be seeking legal advice after that date.

laneside

Funster
Deceased RIP
Aug 14, 2009
Oradour sur Vayres
Funster No
MH
Rapido V66
Exp
nowhere near long enough
A little different as we have been just around the corner and bought a caravan off them and recently a caravan awning and I cannot fault their customer service or pricing and their PDI was second to nobodies

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Free Member
Jul 30, 2007
The universe
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
The problem with Carioca spares is they have to come from Italy. I waited 3 months for a shower tray to come from Italy and then a couple of days to get it installed. My van was only a year old!! Your panel may now be obsolete and have to be sourced so it can be replaced. However, they - the dealer - should be able to get a suitable replacement if that is the case.

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
tommytli has come up with some sound advice:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!