Birds of prey killings, the Beasts (game keepers) are roaming free (2 Viewers)

OP
OP
Otter Spotter
Oct 9, 2019
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
FUNSTER in a PVC
My 2 nephews are both gamekeepers as was their father. I do know they hate Chris Packem. I see photos on their FB of young golden eagles dead and suffering as they have had a tracking device put on by I suppose RSPB or another conservation body. Another photo a neighbouring estate unkeepered with lots of broken eggs on the ground stolen by carrion crows.
Interesting that you infer the Goldies are suffering because of the trackers, I would respectfully ask why you think it’s the trackers causing the suffering, i would suspect the Gamekeepers may have something to d9 withe birds demise, as Goldies would try and stay away from humans so how did the gamekeepers find the birds? I suspect a but of deflection PR going on

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
If nature is left to itself things tend to balance out. Corvids "steal" eggs (and chicks on occasions) because that's what they do to survive. As well as mainly cleaning up carcasses hence the name of the Carrion variety. The problem for shooting estates is that they breed unnatural numbers of prey birds for predatory birds (and foxes and other mammals). Don't breed grouse & pheasant and the problem goes away. On the same note it's distressing to have a bird of prey near where you live (we had a sparrow hawk family for a year or two) but if we didn't go out of our way to attract songbirds into our gardens the hawks / kestrels wouldn't be attracted. I'm not suggesting we don't feed birds (we do) but we can hardly complain if they're then decimated by something further up the food chain.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back