Free Member
Jan 26, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
A cls
Exp
9 years
Am I right in thinking you don't need a trailer light board (Reg plate, side and breaklights and turn signals) if none of these are obscured on the vehicle when bikes are loaded?

Boo

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
I note in the picture the bike's are behind the rear light's and Registration plate.
I too have a Thule bike carrier (I have my spare wheel on it). at the end of the carrier is the rear lights, indicators and Registration plate! so, do I need to put a warning sign in front of the wheel which would put it behind the lights and registration plate ???

cmcardle75

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 8, 2012
Reading
Funster No
MH
Riot Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
Going to France in June and taking the bikes. Do I have to fit any warning sign to the Rack and if so anybody know where I can purchase one, saw one once on a Van.:thumb:

Does anyone know the exact details of this law? I have a rear mounted spare wheel, with its surface about 30cm behind the lights. Would that be caught?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

themogs

Free Member
Oct 23, 2012
Wales
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Not Long Enough.
Going to France in June and taking the bikes. Do I have to fit any warning sign to the Rack and if so anybody know where I can purchase one, saw one once on a Van.:thumb:

Got mine from Fiamma Store @ £6 approx.:Smile:

bernardfeay

Free Member
Nov 18, 2009
Bolton
Funster No
MH
hymer exsis
Exp
10 years
I bought a metal one here. Link Removed

It needs holes drilled in it but very very cheap. I'm delighted with mine.

edgy

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 25, 2011
bolton lancs
Funster No
MH
lo line
Exp
"I,m a newbie
I was told yesterday in the parts department at Richard baldwin motorhomes in Halifax that only a metal plate is legal in Italy. He said that if you do not have the correct board on the rear of your bike rack in italy it is a 60 euro fine.

Apr 25, 2012
Near Truro, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Bike warning boards

Would you trust the French police NOT to apply a potential money-spinning "law" when dealing with British vans? Not sure i would. We bought a lightweight version (feels like plastic/card) but works fine, slots into the window on the bike cover and otherwise ties onto the rack or the bikes using cable ties. Googled it and it was cheap. And you may as well fit it and leave it on, wherever you are.

Gary :Smile:

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
I understand that only the metal one is legal in Italy, even though the cheap plastic one is made in Italy :whatthe:
I have mine mounted on the back of my back box, permanently screwed on with self tappers.

MikeandCarolyn

Free Member
Mar 18, 2008
Worle,North Somerset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2009
Well-a plethora of answers ::bigsmile:
My understanding was,and still is,that no warning board is required in France but is in Spain-so we use one all the time cos if we are touring in France we may well drift into Spain.
Italy,I understand requires a metal board-there were suggestions that an Italian politician owned a company making metal warning boards ::bigsmile: Could you believe that :ROFLMAO:
Have fun, Mike

teddybard

Free Member
Aug 21, 2012
warwickshire
Funster No
MH
c
Exp
5 years
Dutch One Available

parking.jpg