Best Route from Perpignan to Chatel without Toll (1 Viewer)

Feb 21, 2022
Funster No
MH
Carthago
We have travelled from Portugal to Perpignan on Spain’s toll free roads. We are now looking at route options to Chatel to meet up with family and friends at the weekend. Google maps are quoting 4 hours difference (only a few miles difference on mileage) between taking the toll road via Annecy or the D roads and I understand the cost is over €100. So does anyone have any tips or tricks for this route, is there are particular part to avoid and take the toll?

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
We have travelled from Portugal to Perpignan on Spain’s toll free roads. We are now looking at route options to Chatel to meet up with family and friends at the weekend. Google maps are quoting 4 hours difference (only a few miles difference on mileage) between taking the toll road via Annecy or the D roads and I understand the cost is over €100. So does anyone have any tips or tricks for this route, is there are particular part to avoid and take the toll?
That's an awkward cross country route and 4 hours difference is on the light side of what I would expect in reality.
Whichever way you do the west east crossing is going to be slow.
Top of my head I would turn right at millau and enjoy the tarn valley up to put and Lyons then it's even slower roads but Chambery isn't a bad route in then Annecy.
If I were flush and in a hurry I might pay from Lyons onwards.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back