Barcelona in October (1 Viewer)

Nov 1, 2019
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
3 yrs
Hi all, I am hoping to be in Barcelona for 3 or 4 weeks in Oct to watch America Cup racing from the harbour area, ideally want to be able to cycle to this, and to centre of town. Have seen Estrella 3 campsite, is it near enough to do this, and what is it like, I have seen mixed reviews, all help much appreciated

Nov 5, 2017
Buckinghamshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Swift Select 164
We recently stayed at one in Mataro called Camping Barcelona. Not sure you'd want to cycle as it's about 30km from the centre of Barcelona.
However they provide a coach to the City which is cheap enough at 12 Euros return for 2 adults. It leaves and returns at different times, the latest back from the City is 19:00.
They provide a FREE bus to Mataro port/railway station where you can get the train into Barcelona.
It's a big site so I'd say no issues to just turn up.
We stayed 2 nights in March and had the whole day in Barcelona. Thoroughly enjoyed it.
Some of the sites on the south side of Barcelona are near the airport and it's constantly noisy...

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
I m unsure of Barcelona and a route in from outside on a bike but I would download mapy.cz and when looking at sites I would look for the solid pink lines when zooming in as these are segregated cycle lanes which gives a degree of comfort that you may be a tad safer.
If there is one that ticks the box for you then download the map of the area before you go and you have the map with no data being used.
You can, if clever, use mapy.cz to route plan for a bike as well. Its free to download from google play and works off gps and extremely accurate

May 7, 2011
East Anglia
Funster No
MH
Kontiki 669
Exp
Since 2010
We recently stayed at one in Mataro called Camping Barcelona. Not sure you'd want to cycle as it's about 30km from the centre of Barcelona.
However they provide a coach to the City which is cheap enough at 12 Euros return for 2 adults. It leaves and returns at different times, the latest back from the City is 19:00.
They provide a FREE bus to Mataro port/railway station where you can get the train into Barcelona.
It's a big site so I'd say no issues to just turn up.
We stayed 2 nights in March and had the whole day in Barcelona. Thoroughly enjoyed it.
Some of the sites on the south side of Barcelona are near the airport and it's constantly noisy...

We stayed there last year and it is really good, and like Mark says it's very convenient using there bus to get into Barcelona đź‘Ť

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Tombola

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 21, 2020
Merseyside
Funster No
MH
Rapido 8094DF
Exp
Since 2004
Not sure how far the airport is from the centre but there is a huge free place right next to the sea at the end of the runway, with what looked like easy cycling network/roads leading into it 45 50 mins cycle to Las Ramblas

Platja el Prat

OP
OP
S
Nov 1, 2019
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
3 yrs
Thank you for your help, looks like I will try Mataro 1st, not sure I want to use a open area at end of the runway for that long, worried about the security . Is Estrella 3 any good?

Nov 5, 2017
Buckinghamshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Swift Select 164
Thank you for your help, looks like I will try Mataro 1st, not sure I want to use a open area at end of the runway for that long, worried about the security . Is Estrella 3 any good?
I don't think I'd want to stay at the end of a runway either. Enjoy Barcelona it's a fab place. You can hire electric bikes etc there as there is numerous places hiring bikes/scooters...

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back