bamburgh castle (1 Viewer)

Nov 2, 2014
somerset
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
Hi guys near alnwick at moment is there motorhome parking at banburgh castle getting con flicting stories, we are 7mtrs and bit of poorly wife , we got a feeling of not wanted further back south regards steve. Ps not wilding

andy63

Free Member
Jan 19, 2014
south shields
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
since 1990
Not aware of any facilities around the castle but the c&cc club have a small site at Beadnell which isn't too far south of Bamburgh
Just north of Alnwick heading twords dunstanburgh castle there is another site called dunstan hill..
Both easily Google. .
Ta andy
P's. . That's if you are looking for stopover.. If it's just to park up for day I'm not sure what parking is available for 7m mh.

Cal54

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2014
Southport, UK
Funster No
MH
Leisuredrive Renoir
Exp
Since 1996
There is a large carpark at the base of the castle but would require a bit of up hill walking, depends on your wife's mobility as to wether or not this is viable. Worth a visit if you can make it.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
angusboy
Nov 2, 2014
somerset
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
Thanks guys im actually on dunstan hill site now good site very good wardens etc, its just parking regards steve

Aug 27, 2014
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
McLouis Tandy 640+
Exp
Since 2014
I was there last week in a 7.5m van. Car park at bottom of castle has plenty of space, but as said above you have a short walk up a steep hill. It's a free car park.

The castle's own car park that is up the hill, that does charge, looks a bit tight to get in but not impossible if it's not too crowded.

If you want to go to the beach there is a big car park about half a mile south of the castle next to the dunes which, despite signs saying otherwise, does not lock it's gates at 5pm

Overall I found Northumberland really good for MH parking - I only struggled slightly at Alnwick, until I spotted that they had 4 spaces for "large camper vans only" in one car park that, miracles of miracles, no cars had taken! And it was right next to the castle and gardens entrance!

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Overall I found Northumberland really good for MH parking - I only struggled slightly at Alnwick, until I spotted that they had 4 spaces for "large camper vans only" in one car park that, miracles of miracles, no cars had taken! And it was right next to the castle and gardens entrance!
Northumberland Council has a specific Motorhome Parking page on its web site, linked from Here. No prizes for guessing who asked them to publish it :D

OP
OP
angusboy
Nov 2, 2014
somerset
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
Thanks guys got in top car park ok going to do alnwick tomorrow regards steve

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 27, 2014
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
McLouis Tandy 640+
Exp
Since 2014
Greenwell Road was where I found the MH spaces. There's a lot of car parks all along that road - first car park on the right is the one, turn left after entering it, the spaces aren't that obvious unless a van is already parked in one! Free parking as well.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back