1. MotorhomeFun The best Motorhome Club in the World

Register to remove adverts Register Here

Welcome to Motorhome Fun

MotorhomeFun is a large community of motorhome and touring enthusiasts. Our website is the busiest of its kind. It serves as a meeting place for thousands of members who share their knowledge of motorhomes and travel, as well as arrange rallies in the UK, Europe and beyond.

It's easy to join us and takes just a minute

Autoquest external TV socket

Discussion in 'TV & SATELLITE' started by steelysteph, Apr 3, 2013.

1. steelysteph

steelysteph Funster

Hi folks.

Just about to head north to the bonny bonny banks of Loch Lomond. We'll be spending a few nights at a site which provides a digital TV feed, luxury for a few days :Smile: ).

Our Autoquest 180 has an external TV aerial socket, anybody know if this is wired directly to the TV points in the van or do I need to replug anything in the wardrobe where the aerial booster is situated?

Thanks.
  2. rainbow chasers

rainbow chasers Funster

It should already be connected to your aerial socket. Just plug a coax extension from the site connector to your external connector and you are all good to go!
  3. Daveo2006

Daveo2006 Funster

I have a cable tucked in with the hook up fitting,it has a screw type fitting.Would this be where i would connect to the bollard via an extension and simply connect from tv to satellite connection at tv socket?I remember Swift saying its satellite ready so i assume this is the cable.
  4. GJH

GJH Funster

Our (older) Autoquest 100 had a roof mounted Status aerial as well as the external aerial point.

If I remember correctly we needed to unplug the Status cable from the booster box and plug in the cable from the external aerial, but no need to turn on the booster box because the input from the site bollard was sufficient.
    1 person likes this.