Autocruise Starblazer (2003) (1 Viewer)

Will

Free Member
Jul 7, 2008
Funster No
The tyre pressures for this vehicle are 78psi all round. Just in case the doorpost sticker has gone missing. I had this confirmed by express motorhome services.
Will.

ingram

Free Member
Aug 9, 2008
Funster No
I have a handbook with my 2006 Starblazer XL and the tyre pressures are nowhere* near* as high as that: I have just packed the book away... will fish it out if anyone interested in what it says ..

Harvey

OP
OP
W

Will

Free Member
Jul 7, 2008
Funster No
tyre pressure.

Hi Harvey.

I am somewhat confused now. I wonder if you would be so kind as to tell me what your handbook says the pressures should be.
Kindest regards
Will

Oct 26, 2007
Teesside
Funster No
MH
Swift Edge
Exp
I used to own a 2003 Starblazer and the sticker on the door did say 78psi but when I contacted autocruise they advised 57front and 65rear as I found 78 to be a .very firm ride

ingram

Free Member
Aug 9, 2008
Funster No
Hi Harvey.

I am somewhat confused now. I wonder if you would be so kind as to tell me what your handbook says the pressures should be.
Kindest regards
Will

This is for a 2006 Starblazer XL ( that is the extra long wheelbase one ) with a GVW of 4150kg.

Front 47psi

Rear 55psi

Regards,

Harvey

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

ingram

Free Member
Aug 9, 2008
Funster No
Delayed update due to being away in the *Starblazer*::bigsmile:

The handbook says these pressures are as recommended by Michelin: just adding that to clarify.

Harvey
=====

This is for a 2006 Starblazer XL ( that is the extra long wheelbase one ) with a GVW of 4150kg.

Front 47psi

Rear 55psi

Regards,

Harvey

ingram

Free Member
Aug 9, 2008
Funster No
Having been unhappy about the disparity in the pressures given from different sources I have done some questioning.

I suggest that you contact the manufacturer of your tyres and ask them.

They may say that you should get the actual 'in running order' axle weights from a weighbridge but if you give them the maximum axle weights for your vehicle and the type and size of the tyres they may advise a maximum pressure.

The maximum axle weights for my 2006 Starblazer XL are:

MTPLM 4150

Front axle: 1850kg

Rear axle: 2300kg

I have been advised that pressures should be:-
Front 60psi
Rear 70psi

These pressures may need to be reduced if after weighing I find that I am nowhere near maximum weight.

I hope that is of interest to you other Autocruise owners.

Regards

Harvey

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back