Apuljack Electronics (1 Viewer)

Mar 26, 2018
Ormskilrk
Funster No
MH
Swift Voyager 685FB
We were on our way to Whitby in the MH and dropped the dogs off at my dads for the weekend. Hopping back into the cab I noticed that the step didn't retract on starting the engine. I popped the lid of the back of the fuse/electronics board and wiggled the wires. Lo and behold the step retracted and we were on our way. Arriving at the campsite the step would not extend and we had no 12v for the water pump or lights but the fridge still worked (on gas but needs 12v for the fan and display). I tried wiggling the wires again but had no joy so we lived without for the weekend.
Arriving back home I removed the fuse/electronics box and checked the bypass relay, used to isolate the 12v when the engine is running, this appeared to work fine. On our control panel we had a 'No Connect' message. So having exhausted my knowledge I sent the fuse/electronics box and control panel to Apuljack Electronics. This is a fairly easy process on their website and prints you an order number and postage labels.

The Apuljack website keeps you informed of the process of your order/repair and I also got email notifications when something changed. I could track my parcel from arrival to 'on bench' to 'in repair' etc. I then got a call from Apuljacks telling me the control panel had failed their tests, was obsolete and unobtainable - explains why it didn't want to connect to the electronics! However they have their own replacement module that is fully compatible with the front switch layout of our panel. I approved the replacement and a few days later the parts arrived back with me.

I fitted them back in the MH and all was working again. The new control panel has a different display compared to the old one and shows more information on the default screen. The price for repair and replacement was good, much cheaper than having to buy new, and I was really happy to have to MH working again. So, from my point of view, Apuljack Electronics saved me a lot of grief.......

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back