Anyone having problems with 3 network today? (1 Viewer)

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
I've used 3 for voice OK this morning. Just tried accessing BBC News on 3 WAP and it was fine. 3 home page displays OK on this machine (using landline broadband connection).

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
1_man_and_his_dob(lo)
Feb 4, 2010
Mid. Glamorgan, S. Wales
Funster No
MH
Motorhutch / Toy Camper
Exp
Since 2010
OK....so either there's something wrong with my dongle or the network around here :Sad:

Tried it on Windows 7 netbook and Mac.....I can see bytes uploading but nothing coming down.

I might have to head off in the van and just hope it's a local thing....

---- UPDATE 10:53am --------

It's started working :wooo:

Pushed the SIM into the dongle a few times to clean the contacts....maybe that did it.

Anyway....I'm out of here before it breaks again!

Last edited:
Aug 21, 2008
Lincolnshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Symbol
Exp
Van Conversion
No Wifi on 3

I had the same trouble yesterday evening,couldn't get through to my account and struggling to get on to web pages ,:cry:but then Julia got straight through on her phone. ::bigsmile:
I blame the holiday makers clogging up the network:winky:, But I seem to be getting through OK this morning they're probably still in bed:thumb:

Bluemooner

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 30, 2012
Ribble Valley
Funster No
MH
Dreamseeker Fifth Wheel
Exp
4 years
I had trouble today in Newquay but working fine in St Ives

OP
OP
1_man_and_his_dob(lo)
Feb 4, 2010
Mid. Glamorgan, S. Wales
Funster No
MH
Motorhutch / Toy Camper
Exp
Since 2010
Well....maybe I spoke too soon!

Started acting up again just before I left....so I thought I'd drive for a while and try again...

Still not right....old expired SIM works OK, but new one on-and-off. More worringly my account says I have zero credit even though it's supposed to be 3 months/3GB.

Seems to be working at the moment....but I might have to top-up one of these SIMs before the end of the day. Maybe I've been sold a dud (actually bought 2 from Amazon...left one at home :Doh:).

Jul 2, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon Tiki Tag, 2007.
Exp
Funnily enough, I was in a 3 shop today trying to get my head round the mifi thingy, overheard the manager who was talking to another customer blaming the olympics for whatever her problem was.

He said something like "all networks have had problems since the start of the olympics because of people searching for tickets etc...."

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
Same here on three, keeps dropping out all day today and yesterday

OP
OP
1_man_and_his_dob(lo)
Feb 4, 2010
Mid. Glamorgan, S. Wales
Funster No
MH
Motorhutch / Toy Camper
Exp
Since 2010
Funnily enough, I was in a 3 shop today trying to get my head round the mifi thingy, overheard the manager who was talking to another customer blaming the olympics for whatever her problem was.

He said something like "all networks have had problems since the start of the olympics because of people searching for tickets etc...."

They mentioned on the news today that they were getting loads of ticket applications, and that people "needed to be patient", which I guess is another way of saying "our systems can't cope!" :Smile:

Meanwhile....my dongle now seems to be working....I can see my 3GB allowance on My3. So I'll put today's difficulties down to a stressed 3G network + a stressed Neil switching his SIM cards around too much :Blush:

Jun 2, 2010
Flintshire
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
since 2010
I'm pleased to hear this, I couldn't connect at all this morning, thought I might be in a dead spot although I was receiving last night. The strange thing was I was getting three green bars or at least amber bars but no connection. Just come back to site after touring around Torbay and everything is o.k now:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back