Anybody know what these are? (1 Viewer)

Nov 15, 2013
Rochester
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
5years Motorhome. 25yr tugger
Spotted these two on my tyre in south of France. Anybody know what these delightful creatures are?
D3089BB3-3461-4564-AF07-B660575865A4.jpeg

Dec 30, 2015
Bury
Funster No
MH
Pilote G650L
Exp
Three years
They look like what a cicada pupa sheds when it hatches. Have you not moved for a while?

Jul 7, 2021
Alcester, UK
Funster No
MH
Autosleepers Symbol
Exp
Since 2009
We once parked up at a campsite in Corsica and in the morning found everything we had left outside covered in caterpillars. We shook them all off (so we thought) and headed back home.

A few weeks later (at home) I opened the MH to find it full of large moths flying around. I dread to think what illegal species we had imported.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Fleas......big ones.
I'd move into a hotel until they move on.

I thought Cicada were more like a cockroach and they rub their rearmost legs together to get the Cicada night-time song.

Sep 17, 2017
Birmingham, UK
Funster No
MH
A-Class
Exp
We parked up at a site near Genoa early in the morning. When we came back late at night, the van was full of ants. They were coming up the EHU cable, I could barely see the bright yellow cable because of the moving black bodies on it. They'd then found a route in through a fridge vent and inside. They'd got to very little of our food. There were making a major march on our bin though. I went a bit nuts with the fly spray and irradiated a few hundred of them. But we'd keep finding small clusters of them for a couple of weeks afterwards. I spent a small fortune on ant traps, sprays and powders in every supermarket I came across. Some of the hanger-ons did a few thousand miles back to France, around Switzerland, Austria up through to the top of Germany before we stopped seeing them.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back