Any 2022 Chausson Security issues I should be aware of please? (1 Viewer)

Apr 13, 2022
Salisbury, UK
Funster No
MH
chausson
Exp
I’m a newbie
As a solo traveller, with dog, I’m getting really worried reading all this. I’ve a 2022 chausson 640 on a Ford chassis. I’ve had a tracker added and an extra alarm. But that’s all. I’ve had a couple of problems with the engine - irritating, but a great local Ford garage - but nothing so far with the van itself. I love it. Don’t think I’ll stress about it. (Just checked out of the window to see if it’s still there!)

May 7, 2017
Suffolk
Funster No
MH
2017 Chausson 718XLB 180
Exp
20 years
As a solo traveller, with dog, I’m getting really worried reading all this. I’ve a 2022 chausson 640 on a Ford chassis. I’ve had a tracker added and an extra alarm. But that’s all. I’ve had a couple of problems with the engine - irritating, but a great local Ford garage - but nothing so far with the van itself. I love it. Don’t think I’ll stress about it. (Just checked out of the window to see if it’s still there!)
You can also add small Milenco easy to fit your self window alarms to the windows, no wiring needed for extra piece of mind when sleeping in van, but with a dog that's a good deterrent, at home parked I have fixed a heavy duty wheel device to one of the wheels, when I get my new Motorhome I am considering a detachable post buried in the ground, and security lights apparently according to Police security Advisor they are more of a thief deterrent than alarms

Reactions: KPM
Apr 13, 2022
Salisbury, UK
Funster No
MH
chausson
Exp
I’m a newbie
You can also add small Milenco easy to fit your self window alarms to the windows, no wiring needed for extra piece of mind when sleeping in van, but with a dog that's a good deterrent, at home parked I have fixed a heavy duty wheel device to one of the wheels, when I get my new Motorhome I am considering a detachable post buried in the ground, and security lights apparently according to Police security Advisor they are more of a thief deterrent than alarms
Thanks. I’ll look into window alarms. It’s parked right under a security light at home.

May 7, 2017
Suffolk
Funster No
MH
2017 Chausson 718XLB 180
Exp
20 years
Thanks. I’ll look into window alarms. It’s parked right under a security light at home.
Window alarms are only loud enough for when you are inside motorhome

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sapper520

Free Member
Jan 22, 2020
North Somerset
Funster No
MH
No longer own one
Exp
September 2020
These on the window openers?

46F43B03-DFA4-459C-8D4E-A220ED0E6E7B.jpeg

Deadlocks on your cab doors?

BEDD301A-40F6-46C5-A246-909E69EB14C8.jpeg

OP
OP
KPM

KPM

Free Member
Jan 31, 2022
Nottingham, UK
Funster No
MH
Chausson 788
Exp
since September 2019
Wow, they look great. I appreciate all the replies. I will be having an alarm and tracker, engine immobilizer with the separate driver ID card , two wheel locks as well as a steering wheel security lock. What I wanted to know is had FORD themselves beefed up the driver's door lock does anyone know. It seems in the commercial van world the drivers door lock is really poor and can easily be over come with just a set of mole grips. We pay Ford a large sum of money for their vehicles, you would have thought the least they can do is work hard to improve security of their door locks. No doubt I will add an additional habitation door lock. But mostly I want to fit a flashing LED that can be easily seen at night with the blinds all closed as a deterrent .

Sapper520

Free Member
Jan 22, 2020
North Somerset
Funster No
MH
No longer own one
Exp
September 2020
Wow, they look great. I appreciate all the replies. I will be having an alarm and tracker, engine immobilizer with the separate driver ID card , two wheel locks as well as a steering wheel security lock. What I wanted to know is had FORD themselves beefed up the driver's door lock does anyone know. It seems in the commercial van world the drivers door lock is really poor and can easily be over come with just a set of mole grips. We pay Ford a large sum of money for their vehicles, you would have thought the least they can do is work hard to improve security of their door locks. No doubt I will add an additional habitation door lock. But mostly I want to fit a flashing LED that can be easily seen at night with the blinds all closed as a deterrent .

Took two nice lads under two minutes to overcome our Fiat locks, so it’s not just Fords. Our Growler alarm frightened them off when they opened the door.

That’s why we fitted deadlocks…..no electric’s and doors individually locked from the outside. (y)

OP
OP
KPM

KPM

Free Member
Jan 31, 2022
Nottingham, UK
Funster No
MH
Chausson 788
Exp
since September 2019
On our Piklote I did the same, I paid in the region of £300 to "Ed-locks" of Loughborough to fit something similar (Hook lock dead locls to both the front doors on the fiat cab doors of the Pilote. I just wanted to know if anyone had any news from Ford about their door locks . I suspect I know the answer already. THANKS

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
Deadlocks great. The standard Ford and Fiat locks can be opened easily with minimal tools, however plastic windows are easily broken and expensive to replace.
My last motorhome had no keyhole on the front door so relatively secure , security could be concentrated on the hab door.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now

Join us or log in to post a reply.