Another "old" Newbie (1 Viewer)

May 7, 2013
RUK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
On our 2nd MH now a AutoTrail Savannah which we're absolutely delighted with
Hi we presently are caravanners looking in the future stop shed dragging and move to a motorhome. Wanting/needing to gain as much information and advice from this website, to ensure we buy the correct one from the right source, and get long term use and enjoyment from our new motorised toy!
:winky::winky:

Aug 30, 2012
Home of the war horse
Funster No
MH
burstnar T640
Exp
Hi and welcome
Advice you will get plenty
Mine
Look a lot study a lot and look again
When you find one you like post it on here and stand back
Make a list as you go along as you will forget what you have seen liked or rejected

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
Hi oldflemo, welcome to MotorhomeFun.:welcomefunster:
:flyingwelcome:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Hello and welcome to motorhome fun, ask as many questions as you need, lots of fun with a motorhome :flyingwelcome:

cruiser

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 12, 2012
northampton
Funster No
MH
coach built elddis 400
Exp
since 1978
cruiser

welcome to the rest of the lost.:thumb::thumb:

happypre65

Free Member
Nov 12, 2010
Funster No
Another old newbie

Hi, You will get used to all the normal messages to start with then maybe you get an answer to your problem,this is a thing that only you can do, do you need a fixed bed ? single or double,oven, lounge,all in one or seperate shower / toilet,front wheel drive or rear,manual or auto gearbox,new or used,hi-top or low profile,all i can advise is look at lots of models and take your time, if you make a check list and take it with you it saves you lots of trouble as its too many things to remember we all make mistakes,when you find one research the company reports to see if they are as good as they say,has it got a good write up check on MMM,make sure you only leave a deposit,and drive it before paying in full,then you need a proper handover dont be rushed once you leave with it do you remember what this switch is for, how does this work make sure you know has it got a spare wheel,again a check list is handy,only you can make the decision its very expensive to make the wrong one,let us know how you get on regards H::bigsmile:

G4OGE

Free Member
Apr 11, 2013
Northwich,Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Don't have one yet
Exp
Caravanning 30+ years
I'm looking too

Hi and welcome. I’m in the same position as you and have spent a lot of time reading the post's on here and at the moment I'm leaning towards a van type conversion due to the horror stories regarding leaks on these very expensive coach builds.

There are also some mechanical issues to take into account on some models but this carries over to conversions as well.

The layout is important what works for someone may not work for you a fixed bed as you know the up and down of the bed in a caravan can become tedious.
Storage also the amount of weight you may carry and the amount the vehicle is allowed to carry a drive away awning also one of the problems is getting around when you are in the area your visiting some sort of transport be it scooter a small car push bike or public transport.

Have a look round at dealers and shows and even hire one for a while to get a feel for this type of holidaying or even living.:thumb:

Albert

cruiser

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 12, 2012
northampton
Funster No
MH
coach built elddis 400
Exp
since 1978
cruiser

hello new funsters.not all coachbuilts leak. mine is 23 years old.no problems so far.but you must pick what you need.to be happy.good luck funsters.::bigsmile:

Mar 22, 2011
NE Wales
Funster No
MH
Chausson Best of 10
Exp
Since Feb 2013….2nd Van
Having spent two years on here learning and asking questions we finally bought a used panel van conversion in February, which we are very happy with. Its a 2 berth front lounge version. Two of the biggest producers of this type are Tribute and Auto-sleeper. You can also go to well established smaller convertors such as "Shire", they will supply a used van and convert that on your behalf, often its good value for money and well fitted out.

Also don't be afraid to buy private, especially if its a newer van. With all things like this, research is the key. Make sure you visit plenty of dealers and do lots of searches on Autotrader to get a feel for the prices and an understanding of the vans. I would emphasise you can get seriously tucked up for quite a few thousand pound if you don't look at the pricing aspect carefully. You will see the differences as you search the net.

Good Luck

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back