Another data breach (1 Viewer)

Oct 30, 2016
Colchester
Funster No
MH
Le voyageur 8.5
Exp
On 3rd van so not a total newbie....
Given the security implications that is serious. Should imagine a lot of people are seriously worried now.

Oct 30, 2016
Colchester
Funster No
MH
Le voyageur 8.5
Exp
On 3rd van so not a total newbie....
I didnā€™t suggest it was ok, just stated what I believe is true.

Stupidity and incompetence on the part of some department.
Sorry didnt mean to imply that, a shocking error by someone.

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
It is serious no doubt. But the BBC left out a few critical details. I thought they had released ALL data about staff such as home addresses, email, phone numbers, NI number etc.

But from "The Telegraph"

The Police Service of Northern Ireland (PSNI) had apologised for the security breach after it accidentally published the information in response to a Freedom of Information (FOI) request on Tuesday.

The breach involved the surname, initials, the rank or grade, the work location and departments of all PSNI staff, but did not involve the officersā€™ and civiliansā€™ private addresses.

Still extremely serious and will have big impacts, But thankful for small mercies that home addresses were not released as that would have most certainly been fatal for some.

Jun 29, 2015
Southampton
Funster No
MH
caravan (for now)
Exp
on and off since 1984
It is serious no doubt. But the BBC left out a few critical details. I thought they had released ALL data about staff such as home addresses, email, phone numbers, NI number etc.

But from "The Telegraph"

Still extremely serious and will have big impacts, But thankful for small mercies that home addresses were not released as that would have most certainly been fatal for some.
Part of the problem is many cops there hide their work from everyone else, now they can be identified

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
Part of the problem is many cops there hide their work from everyone else, now they can be identified
I didn't say it wasn't a problem. it is very serious. My point was it could have been far, far worse. So grateful for small mercies.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back