Annual multi trip insurance (1 Viewer)

Feb 14, 2021
Milton Keynes, UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 727G
Exp
19 month year 18000 miles UK, Ireland, France, Spain, Germany, Italy. Campsites and off Grid.
An interesting discovery today.

My Travel insurance is due for renewal in a couple of weeks (coverforyou -AXA) but we are going away tomorrow for 2 months so I thought I'd renew. Renewal was actually up from £110 to £152 this year for a 62 day trip/Europe only policy. I found another policy for £122 and that included the whole world! (Greatcover.com) Last year we had to buy an additional policy for 2 weeks in the Caribbean which cost £45 so this made sense)

So I cancelled my current policy renewal and took out the new policy. However, on examining the details I discovered you had to have a return journey booked or you are not covered. We tend not to do this to allow flexibility.

I checked my current insurance and could not find that stipulation anywhere. So, cancel new insurance, ring up old insurance and beg to be taken again at the original price (discount included for staying)

An interesting discovery to be aware of and I was glad it spotted in time. Very impressed with coverforyou customer services. Pity about the price increase though. Still by far the cheapest I could find for 62 days though.

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
A point thats been raised many times here on FUN..
Quite a few times by me as we always used to book single ferry tickets out and then another a few days before we returned.
Someone mentioned this to me and after checking our insurance found it had that clause, I make a point now of checking for this on all future policies (y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back