Annual Hab Check - Kent / Sussex (1 Viewer)

Mar 1, 2023
Funster No
MH
Just looking
Evening all

Does anyone have any recommendations please? In terms of AWS workshops, Invicta and Sussex Caravan Centre are my closest...

I'm also interested to hear whether people do get checks as frequently as annually. Mine's a 2019 vehicle.

Thanks in advance

Solution
Thank you, yes, I am questioning its importance especially given my van is out of warranty although someone might do electric and gas checks which would go beyond anything I could do ...
Jul 25, 2022
Newington, Sittingbourne, Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
July 2022
Can't help with recommendation as mine is a Burstner and gets done by Cranham near Colchester (in fact being done by them this morning) but in terms of hab check frequency; if my Burstner (new in 2022) is not done within one month either side of its registration month (April), we lose our Burstner warranty. I understand this is not uncommon, so I suspect most people have a hab check done annually until their warranty expires?

Upvote 0
Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
Unless required for warranty then not a lot of point in having them. The checks are only the sort of thing that you would spot yourself just by using your motorhome, with the exception of the damp check which you can easily do yourself. In nearly 50 years of motorhoming I have only once had a habitation check and was taken aback at how much was charged.

Upvote 0

Janine

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
A little bit left of Middle England
Funster No
MH
2006 A/S Nuevo
Exp
since 1988
You could see if there are any mobile engineers locally.

There is also a company called Habcheck but my son went to one of their customers yesterday and was less than satisfied with their attention to detail!

Upvote 0

PP Bear

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 5, 2013
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Dakota SE
Exp
Hope this helps.
IMG_2882.jpeg

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
OP
OP
L
Mar 1, 2023
Funster No
MH
Just looking
Thank you, yes, I am questioning its importance especially given my van is out of warranty although someone might do electric and gas checks which would go beyond anything I could do ...

Upvote 0
Solution
OP
OP
L
Mar 1, 2023
Funster No
MH
Just looking

There is also a company called Habcheck but my son went to one of their customers yesterday and was less than satisfied with their attention to detail!

Upvote 0
OP
OP
L
Mar 1, 2023
Funster No
MH
Just looking

cheers for this

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back