Alternative solid fuel heater (1 Viewer)

Nov 30, 2023
Weymouth, UK
Funster No
MH
DIY Transit
Exp
On first long trip
As the temperature falls Ive been forced to use a heater. Electric, diesel, LPG, wood - they all have their issues. I'm really pleased with my small (about 50 Watt) solid fuel heater. 50 Watts isnt much but it does take the chill off a well-insulated van, and you can leave it on 24/7. Even stick it under the bedclothes to warm the bed up. I say solid fuel, the fuel is actually a sort of fatty goo that comes in tins. You feed it into the heater twice a day. The one I have also doubles a security device, makes a hell of a noise if anyone apart from me approaches the van. Overall one of the best bits of kit Ive fitted to the van. If you run out of the fuel it will also run on chips and cake in an emergency. Only negative so far is it does sometimes fart in the night.

Apr 24, 2023
Funster No
MH
Herald 400RL
Is that chafing gel?

Just re-read and clearly your talking about a wife (taken from the last line).

Last edited:

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
enough to know i shouldnt touch things i know nothing about ....
and i hope you dispose of the waste products in an appropriate manner from the 'heater' ..... šŸ•šŸ•

Tombola

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 21, 2020
Merseyside
Funster No
MH
Rapido 8094DF
Exp
Since 2004
yeah but how big is it , where do you store it when not in use ;) does it need maintenance and is it messy

OP
OP
AlanandMayya
Nov 30, 2023
Weymouth, UK
Funster No
MH
DIY Transit
Exp
On first long trip
TBH, another issue, maybe its just me being not very tecchie: I cant find the ON -OFF switch. So when the alarm goes off I just have to wait for it to time out. Mine's a British made job, "Jack Russel" brand. Possibly other, imported models are easier to use. Damn thing seems to have a mind of its own.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back