Alarm for Fiat PVC (Globecar) (1 Viewer)

C

Chockswahay

Deleted User
My new 'van comes soon and I am considering having an alarm fitted. I am wondering just how much protection is necessary. As it is a panel van conversion I won't need exterior lockers alarmed and I won't have a bike rack so no need there either.

I would like to ask the panel (haha) what do you have fitted? why you chose it? and has it ever really been put to the test?

For example the Clifford Canbus Upgrade would appear to fit the bill and is half the price of Strikeback. I know the Strikeback has a good reputation but would it be 'over the top' for me. Also what about the Cobra alarm (which according to some sources should NOT be fitted to a motorhome :whatthe:)

A real concern for me is that no one ever seems to pay attention to car alarms so are they really worth it? or do they simply pander to perceived fear and paranoia?

Any thoughts or advice would be gratefully received, thank you :Smile:

I should add that I live in Glasgow, so many of the suppliers South of the border are a LONG drive from me :whatthe:

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi your van comes with alarm imob as standard--save your money and stop worrying:thumb:
If none fitted then any cat 1 is fine, get a local come out to you fitter, they give you a fitting cert which is sometimes needed for insurance
Terry
:hardhat:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back