Advice Wanted on Gross Weight Change to V5 (1 Viewer)

robert groves

Free Member
Aug 12, 2014
Cornwall (near England)
Funster No
MH
Safari Trek 1991
Exp
since 2006
Hi all,...After Spending the last 3 years renovating and improving my elderly (1991) Trek, I had to change the Brake Proportioning Valve to a 'Manually' Adjustable unit. (A long tale in itself !)....When the new valve was being set-up on the 'Rolling-Road' rig, it was noticed that the Vehicle was 340 kilo over the 6000 kilo GVW. As this will invalidate my insurance, I need to change the GVW as shown on the V5 doc to reflect the new Vehicle weight. Anybody had experience?,...How is it done (no info on the dvla website), and any 'Pitfalls' ?
Bob
Mizzerly Cornwall

Nov 5, 2013
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic e-line
Exp
Since 2013
Speak to this company,they do it all the time and can tell you if you need to do any modifications,they will do all the paperwork,for a charge obviously. Just make sure you have all the current weight information to hand when you speak to themšŸ‘

SandraL

Free Member
Jan 24, 2012
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Hymer b694sl
Exp
Since 2012 + Caravanner for 20+ years
Dvla will require an approved engineer to ok the uprate.
The 2 usual ones are SV Tech. and John Ruffles.

See this post, no54, for contact details for John Ruffles

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Hi all,...After Spending the last 3 years renovating and improving my elderly (1991) Trek, I had to change the Brake Proportioning Valve to a 'Manually' Adjustable unit. (A long tale in itself !)....When the new valve was being set-up on the 'Rolling-Road' rig, it was noticed that the Vehicle was 340 kilo over the 6000 kilo GVW. As this will invalidate my insurance, I need to change the GVW as shown on the V5 doc to reflect the new Vehicle weight. Anybody had experience?,...How is it done (no info on the dvla website), and any 'Pitfalls' ?
Bob
Mizzerly Cornwall
Bear in mind that amount is only 5%.
I would first check the weight on a certified weigh bridge as if that weight was shown on the rollers there is no gtee it is 100% accurate.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back