Adria Active Duo price reduced by c. £10k is this the start of realism? (1 Viewer)

Feb 23, 2021
BURY ST. EDMUNDS
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral 670 SLT
Exp
Since 2002
Browsing my new MMM I see (page 27) that Adria have reduced the price of the new Active Duo by £9, 805 because "sales have been slower than expected" marketing speak for overpriced of course and no mention of the lengthy wait for delivery.
Is Adria getting the message that their vehicles are too expensive and too difficult to get hold of!
The 2024 version of my Coral is nearly £40k dearer than my 2020 model, enough said.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
I think it depends on supply and demand manufacturers with backorder are not going to reduce prices.

I'm having to suffer a RHD Carthago and that's still months away but I would have to wait over a year for a LHD.

Jan 12, 2020
Funster No
MH
Burstner i681
Exp
Since 2018
At the very top end for the likes of Carthago, Burstner, Frankia it’s clear supply is outstripping demand. There are many MHs for sale immediately at the dealers.

In the mid/lower range eg Chausson there are also many available at less than retail.

IMO the recent price rises of the last couple of years are not sustainable. Typically on Autotrader for the manufacturers mentioned above there has been a 30-40% increase in MHs for sale between June and December. Make of that what you will!

Aug 2, 2023
Oxfordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Devon Aztec XL
Exp
VW T6 & tents.
The manufacturers have taken the opportunity to "make hay while the sun shone" over the recent years, and given higher demand and lower supply that market conditions presented, they have maximised their revenues.
We have spent the last 6-8 months looking for the right van for us, and concluded during that time that it was unlikely that we would be buying a used van.
Prices were coming down and becoming more realistic, and availability was improving - but only on new vehicles.
A large number of used vans, and particularly the 2-3 year old ones, were being priced at some percentage less than they were bought for. However, as they were bought at the height of the market, and so were expensive when new, in many cases the used prices being asked were too close to the price we could get a new van for in the current market conditions.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 20, 2020
Northern Ireland.
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact SC.
Exp
Since 2017
It had to happen - it was just a question of when.
6 or 7 year old motorhomes being advertised for sale for more than what they cost new was not as normal situation.
When we bought our first motorhome (an Elddis) in Dec 2016 we paid approx. £38K.
Price for the same motorhome today (7 years later) = £69K!!
Based on inflation rates, the true cost today should be just under £50K.
Also, when we bought our first motorhome the dealers yard was packed full of motorhomes for sale.
They were keen to do a deal and generous discounts were available.
I think we will see a return to this situation again within the next two years.

Mar 29, 2022
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
TBH I think with the cost of the Active (before reduction) it put it in the same bracket as the VW offerings. Most of the younger generation (who I think the Active is aimed at, family with young children) will go for the VW. They've reduced it to tempt people to pick their option. When I had our Van Hab checked the dealer had 4 or 5 Actives in the showroom, none had sold signs.

Most will not pick a Renault van as their option, just not cool enough and way too overpriced for that marque of van. Our first van we had converted was a Trafic and I loved driving it, but you have to tempt people to try it and the price reduction is that carrot. They would have been better served building it on a Merc Vito and that would have attracted the target audience.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back